Y&R: TV Guide Confirms JG is out and his replacement!

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I should add, I liked the touch-ups Rauch did to the Bauer kitchen earlier on in his GL reign. It was GL's oldest set, I think, and he kept the basic outline but added some subtle touches. It looked like a real, and contemporary kitchen for the late 90's.

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

I also loved his Cross Creek set.

Cynthia Watros' Annie going out of her mind. :wub:

I also like the spooky music in this clip.

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

• Members

I hope Rauch brings back sweeping background music that would consume certain scenes and make the even more melodramatic than they already were.

He sometimes did this on GL, like this clip between Annie (the divine Cynthia Watros) and Alan (Ron Raines).

The scene lasts from 2 minutes in to about 6 minutes. The music gets really dramatic towards the 5 minutes and 40 seconds mark. I LOVE it.

">

• Members

The Newman Ranch definitely needs a makeover -it last got a redo in 89!

A few pages back ,Eric mentioned Rauch's final years on AW after Lemay left.

The show completely lost focus,with constant cast changes. Rauch seemed to sit back and let whichever writer was there do what they liked.

By 81,only Mac,Rachel,Jamie,Blaine,Liz,Russ,Clarice,Larry were around from a few years before and only the first 4 were front burner.

• Members

Oh I DEFINITELY prefer the classic Y&R use of music, unlike the Rauch music which SETS the scene, Y&R's music REFLECTS the psychology of the scene, it reflects the mind and action of the character. While the music in Rauch's work is very grand, the Y&R music matches the characters. Some themes have been used consistently with certain characters for decades.

When Jill crashed Kay's party back in '98 the music used was the same theme used under Brenda Dickson's run.

• Members

LaGuardia in his soap book claism the cast change over was a prob under Ruach and Lemay as well--because they liked to use fairly prominent theatrical actors, who didn't wanna be tied down to a soap for more than a few years--besides Mac, Rachel and Iris and a few others -- he claims -- the major stories Lemay woudl focus on would be on characters who would change or be recast only a few years later.

• Members

In regards to the music, it wasn't just the sweeping music, it was the kind used.

It's all well and good using it, but Y&R's music makers used to do a supreme job. Over here, we are a few weeks into 2004 (around the period David Shaughnessy left the credits and Ed Scott returned as Supervising Producer) and almost every song used was really good. The music in the years gone by was sublime.

So by all means bring back classic, sweeping music, just let it be what we know.

Archived