Y&R: TV Guide Confirms JG is out and his replacement!

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quite an enlightening column.

If anything it puts a positive spin on his style.

I am not too sure about his overall style. I know about his style on Guiding Light (it is still mailigned to this day), but did he adopt the same 'Bright Lights' style to the other soaps he helmed?

Post Bill Bell style? It was tried with Lynn Marie Latham with mixed results, so we will see what Rauch has to offer. Who knows, he may simply put his own spin on the Bill Bell style.

We appear to have heard absolutely nothing yet, so we will just have to wait to see when the credits change. As for the credits/style change. I believe that since this change had been planned (rumours suggested Griffith knew for at least a month he was a sitting duck) that Rauch has had time to formulate and plan his production vision for the show.

• Members

Honestly, I suspect the lighting is constrained, a little, by the HD format. Y&R has SUCH a signature look (not even LML really messed with that much!), I suspect we'll see tweaking.

The actors are, for daytime, ANCIENT. Most of the front burner A-team is over 50, with much of the rest in their 40s. BRIGHT LIGHTING in HD, to quote beloved Jeanne, is a "bitch". They're not gonna mess this up.

Plus, we can stage a viewer revolt :-).

• Members

If anything, I expect the acting to get better. Rauch loves to be present during the time when scenes are taped, he's not one of those EP's that's always in his office. He's hands-on in all areas, which Griffith clearly was not. He also has a background in directing, though outside of early AW, I don't think he's directed for any soap.

Again, he needs to see Y&R as similar to 70's AW, not 80's OLTL or late 90's GL.

• Members

I should add Rauch is VERY GOOD with set-design. His tends to favour spacious sets that are exquisitely decorated. He should have no problems from a production standpoint in that area. He should hit if off with the set-designers at Y&R.

Well, according to Marlena, he likes to move with the times. :lol:

And that's true, his career has been so diverse.

Did his love of art and theatre impress you, Sylphy dearest? :P

• Members

No, that had very little if anything to do with it. I just remember what Harding Lemay said about him and that is why I supported this move from the start and I said it was going to happen, no one believed. Even though I knew about all of his shortcomings and flaws.

But, what has me worried, is that he has to have a very good writer beside him.

Archived