Edge of Night (EON) (No spoilers please)

• Members

I remember as a kid watching public service announcements at the end of Edge episodes when Henry's script writer, Grace Garment, went missing. This is a sad recounting of her ending. Full of Edge darkness and mystery.  And some quotes from Henry Slesar.

https://www.nytimes.com/1977/01/27/archives/mrs-leonard-garment-a-suicide-identified-in-boston.html

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Apparently David Lynch was a fan of The Edge of Night

Lynch always planned Twin Peaks to be the soap to end them all; a show so twisted that even its own soap-within-a-soap, Invitation To Love, was eventually phased out because it exhausted the writers. “I really like soap operas,” he explains. “I got hooked when I was printing engravings at art school. This lady I was printing with was so completely addicted to two particular soaps – Another World and The Edge Of Night – that I got hooked as well. I dug them. But the frustrating thing about them is that they draw the smallest torments out forever. It works, but it’s frustrating.”

https://www.wonderlandmagazine.com/2009/04/23/david-lynch/

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Oh god that poor boy. It almost hits close to home, as I am someone on the autism spectrum and have experienced similar struggles to him, although nowhere near the severity of what he did. There is still such a stigma within wider society around neurodiversity, even though big strides have been made over the last 10 years or so. We still have a long way to go though...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Actor Richard Borg (Spencer Varney) has passed away.

I was a huge fan, and someone gave me his telephone number, but I never called it. I would have told him that I admired his talent and his role on the show.

Mr. Borg had Parkinson's disease, which also killed my father.

Here is his obituary:

Richard Steven Borg 1949 ~ 2020 One of the most handsome, kindest, funniest and most gentle people anywhere has returned to his Heavenly Father. Richard Steven Borg passed away on August 2, 2020, in New York City after a lengthy and valiant struggle with Parkinson's and its side effects. Richard was born July 12, 1949. in Salt Lake City to Douglas Borg, Sr. and Barbara Belle Lambourne Borg. He graduated from Highland High School in 1967, attended Westminster College for two years, and then graduated from the University of Utah in 1972 with a degree in Communications. Athletically, he was a receiver and defensive end on the varsity football team for both the Rams and the Griffins for two years each. He was also a terrific skier and taught skiing at Brighton Ski Resort. Acting was always a passion for Richard, and he moved to New York City in 1972 to pursue a career as an actor and a model. He earned roles in several movies and was a regular on the soap operas "The Doctors" and "Edge of Night," but it was as a cast member in plays that he met and fell in love with actress Doris Gramovot. They appeared together in several productions and eventually tied the knot on New Year's Eve, 1979. They were married over 40 years and were the proud parents of daughters Abra and Jada. Richard is survived by his wife Doris, daughters Abra (Dominic) Boero and Jada, both of New York, his sister Kathryn (Chuck) Schell of Salt Lake City, sisters-in-law Lenie Gramovot of New York and Susan Borg Arnold of Salt Lake City, and longtime friends Boyd Bryan (Moab) and Von and Patrice Whitby (Salt Lake), as well as five nieces/one nephew and one grandchild. He was preceded in death by his parents and three brothers: Doug, Jr., David and Jamie. There will be no service for Richard in Salt Lake City. He was cremated in New York City. Above all, Richard was liked by everybody. His entire persona consisted of being kind to all, promoting love and caring between all of us, and never-ending peace throughout the world. In his memory, let us do our best to make him proud and his beliefs eternal. That would bring one of his infectious smiles forward every time. In lieu of flowers, please make a donation in Richard's name to the American Parkinson Disease Association (APDA) an organization that Richard was very active in. The address is APDA, University of Utah, 201 Presidents Circle, SLC, Utah 84112 Fill not your hearts with pain and sorrow, but remember me in every tomorrow. Remember the joy, the laughter, the smiles. I've only gone to rest for a while.

Edited by danfling

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Feb 1968

'The Edge of Night' Same Actress,Blonde Wig

SINCE the character of platinum-haired, sultry nightclub singer Julie Jamison made her debut on the CBS Television Network daytime drama, "The Edge of Night," viewers have been asking questions. Is the actress playing Julie on the program, seen Mondays through Fridays, the same young woman who last year portrayed Laura Hillyer, a brunette socialite whose love for a blackmailing disc jockey resulted in their deaths on the serial? Their features are similar, necessarily so because this resemblance is essential to the plot development, but Julie is blonde and she also has a southern drawl. Producer Erwin Nicholson is not too surprised at the viewer reaction because, he laughs, "even organist Paul Taubman, who had worked with Laura for an entire year on the show, wanted to know who the new blonde actress playing Julie Jamison was the first time she went before the cameras." So to settle all neighborhood controversies, Nicholson has decided to set the record straight "Millette Alexander played Laura Hillyer last year and she's playing Julie Jamison this year," he says. "Same actress, only she's now wearing a long platinum wig and speaking with a southern drawL" 'Miss Alexander, who Is married to James Hammerstein, youngest son of Oscar Hammerstein II, eight years ago played the role of Gail Armstrong, girl commercial artist, on ."The Edge of Night," and two years ago she was Nurse Sylvia Hill on "As the World Turns," another CBS Television Network serial. , "My husband and children like me in the new wig," she laughs. "It gives me an entirely different personality especially by dawn's early light when I'm slinking around that big old kitchen making breakfast for the entire family."

• Members

Norman Snow

yR0bKVv.jpg

NORMAN SNOW

THE EDGE OF NIGHT       Max Sharkey           1980

TEXAS    Assistant District Attorney Blackwell  1980

AS THE WORLD TURNS     Richard Fairchild III   1983

ONE LIFE TO LIVE           Ben Carter       Unknown Year

ANOTHER WORLD          District Attorney Hollis Martin  1985

GUIDING LIGHT   Reporter Trevor Bern-Jones   1985; 1991-92

GENERAL HOSPITAL   Attorney Mark Broxton  1986

ANOTHER WORLD    District Attorney Gordon Reese 1989