Edge of Night (EON) (No spoilers please)

• Members

I agree.... CBS was the best bet.  If we could turn back time!   

Who are your favourite heroines from Edge?    Mine were Nancy Karr, Nicole Travis Drake, Liz Hillyer Fields, Laurie Ann Karr,  Phoebe Smith, April Cavanaugh Scott, Deborah Saxon, Jody Travis and with her transformation.... Raven Alexander Whitney!

Oh.....  I don't know if you would consider her a heroine but I loved Babs Micelli.    Leslie Ann Ray really playes Babs so well.  I cried when Babs was murdered.  Oh!   And Lucy Martin.  Loved her as Tiffany Whitney!  

latest?cb=20120229024527

Image result for maeve mcguire edge of night

Image result for alberta grant edge of night

Image result for emily prager edge of nightImage result for johanna leister edge of night

Image result for terry davis edge of night

Image result for frances fisher edge of night

Image result for sharon gabet edge of night

Image result for leslie ann ray actress

Image result for lucy martin edge of night

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I've always been curious as to what made this show so attractive to a male audience.

Is there any particular storyline you can recommend for me to watch on Youtube? I'd love to know if there's any special Youtube channel or playlist with at least a complete storyline from the show. 

• Members

Two things: its' original timeslot (as late as 4 PM in some markets) and the fact that its' storylines were crime-oriented.  (Same went for DARK SHADOWS, except their stories were largely sci-fi/fantasy/horror in nature.)

Edited by Khan

• Members

Agree.  It wasn't ABC who wanted Henry Slesar gone.  It was P&G.  Just as it was P&G, and not ABC, who ultimately decided to discontinue sponsorship of the show, thus forcing its' cancellation in 1984.  By all accounts, ABC would have loved to have kept EON on the air, but weren't able to assume production costs w/o a third-party sponsor.

Edited by Khan

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Some more EON episodes have just emerged. No dates, but they appear to be from 1979. Not sure if these have been uploaded previously. I did like that the first one has Margaret Colin (pre-ATWT) and Vasili Bogazianos (pre-AMC).