Edge of Night (EON) (No spoilers please)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

According to the Edge website, Louis Van Dine had ordered Stan Hathaway to kill Nicole so that her co-anchor Peter Nevins could be provided with fake stories that could damage WMON's reputation, forcing Geraldine Saxon to sell the station to a media corporation. Van Dine wanted to use WMON so that he could broadcast subliminal messages to control the people of Monticello.

• Members

While not the same as seeing it, you can read up on this page

http://edgehomepage.com/storylines-1983.html

http://edgehomepage.com/storylines-1984.html

and this one.

From the Video Disco to the Isis Building, to the tv station, Cliff was kidnapped for being the first to figure it out. Didi lost her mind and was institutionalized. This story, after the Nora murder, brought Raven/ Sky from their secluded story to interacting with the rest of Monticello as friends. Once they started doing Detective work, they had more crossover story, scenes with the Karrs, not just as those annoying people, but as friends.

• Members

I think it was Lee Sheldon's best story during his time on Edge. It involved so many characters and was riveting at times. There were certain things I didn't like about the arc -- like Miles having sex with Chris Egan a few months after Nicole's murder.

If I recall correctly, Sheldon was planning to bring back Lisa Sloan as a Nicole doppelgänger in 1985.

• Members

Lee Sheldon's work very early work on Edge of Night was not very good. However, I thought that his work that his work got very good on the Isis storyline, and the conclusion of the storyline really excited me. However, the follow-up to that storyline (the college storyline) was some of the most dreadful television that I had ever seen, and it thoroughly disappointed me. I never cared for the show at all after that.