Edge of Night (EON) (No spoilers please)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

OMG!!!! This is it, one of the most memorable moments I ever saw on a soap. I was talking recently about this in a thread a week or so back. It was so different the way they had her talking into the camera and then that choking out of nowhere. I have never forgot Nora Fulton or her death. The actress did a bang up job playing her, I wonder whatever became of her. I don't recall seeing her anywhere else.

• Members

That's the Nicole I was introduced to when I first started watching the show, so she is just Nicole to me. I think what was shocking was almost immediately after this murder mystery was resolved the show took a breath and then Nicole got it. I was shocked anyway. Nicole's death I remember just because there was a little creativity in it to the point of silliness. As I recall she was killed with poison make up. Something like that.

• Members

Does anyone know if any famous or pre-famous soap actresses tried out for Nicole before Jayne Bentzen got it? It was a rather high-profile, popular character played by a departing high-profile actress, so I am guessing they tested a lot of actresses. Jayne Bentzen is the actress I remember most as Nicole, but I always found her rather blah. However, I can see why they de-SORASED her when Maeve left, wanting someone a little closer in age to Joel Crothers. Did Joe and Maeve share many scenes before she left? I've never seen them on screen together, but just visualizing them together, I couldn't imagine there being much chemistry.

• Members

There's some debate in the thread about whether she was considered or whether she just wanted to be considered, as apparently she was at a cast party or something.

I do think she would have been an interesting choice, although I can't see her lasting long.

Nicole seems like such a different character between Maeve and Jayne, although to be honest I've barely seen Maeve and the little I have seen was mostly her just sitting around in France.

• Members

Yeah, Maeve and Jayne's characters seem like two different characters. They should've just killed off Nicole when Maeve left and cast an entirely new love interest for Miles. Maybe they wanted to leave the door open for Maeve to return, though by the time Jayne was integrated into storylines, the show was writing Draper and April and Raven as her peers, which I think would've been thoroughly awkward with Maeve in the role.