Edge of Night (EON) (No spoilers please)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

re: 1975 episodes:

Watching Geraldine eviscerate Noel and Tiffany was hilarious. I've never seen two characters shook in my life. So I am guessing that Geraldine was onto their trysts from awhile.

My eyes darted across the screen numerous times just to take in the sets and designs. Something about them are just simplistic, not flashy, but so comfortable. Especially the Karr kitchen. Speaking of the Karrs, Ann Flood/Nancy IS gorgeous in that clip. I would've never believed that she was Laurie's stepmother. As a newer viewer, I would've assumed they were sisters. It was also good to see an image of the infamous Bill Marceau. I always pictured him to be in the same age range as Mike/Adam but I guess not.

Brandy and Adam were cute together but it kind of sucks before not long after, the rug would be pulled from under her with Nicole shortly returning to Monticello.

Onto the second episode, Noel was a creep. I really wanted Tiffany to slap the sh-t out of him for those cruel comments toward Geraldine. I wish some episodes of her finding out about Noel/Tracy were out there. I'm sure it was pretty epic.

But what did become of Noel? Or Tiffany for that matter? Wasn't she killed off? And didn't she and Geraldine not get along in the beginning when Tiffany was married to one of her sons?

Glad to finally put a face on Kevin Jamison too. Especially since he'd later marry Raven and her affair with Logan would somewhat play a role in Kevin's demise. The actress that played Phoebe was gorgeous too. What happened to Phoebe? She seems like an interesting character.

Maeve McGuire is STUNNING! Was this November episode the cliffhanger before the move to ABC? If not, I think that would've been a great way to pull hardcore EON fans to ABC by having Nicole revealed to be alive on the Friday episode on CBS and to premiere on ABC continuing the story.

I hope more episodes from 1975 emerges.

• Members

Some posters gave a description of Phoebe's stories a few pages back.

If you want to see more of Bill (his last months in the role) you can see him in the episodes eonschuylerwhitney posted.

Tiffany was pushed out a window by a killer who mistook her for someone else.

• Members

OK. I look into that.

So were Bill [and his wife Martha] were pushed aside so they could bring on younger police characters [i.e. Calvin, Derek, Deborah, Steve....]? If so, that sucks. IMO, he could've definitely been a wise sage that advised them. From clips I've seen of Derek, despite me liking him, I don't like him as police captain/commissioner. He always comes off as a prick. I guess b/c a lot of his venom was spewed at Raven, who is my fave.

Did the actress that played Tiffany chose to leave? If not, [again] that sucks. Just from the one scene with Noel, she seems like a tough, smart cookie that set EON female characters apart from the rest.

Edited by Nothin'ButAttitude

• Members

Bill's wife Martha disappeared about 3-4 years before he did. He was there for a few years with Steve/Calvin/Deborah, then retired offcamera, with one line saying he might run for mayor.

I haven't seen the later stuff (not much of it anyway) but Derek got along with Raven and put up with her schemes for some time, mostly because of the sexual chemistry between them and because she made him laugh. But at that time Raven was here there and everywhere with men.

They seemed to hint at Derek with Deborah and Nicole before settling on Raven. And they were supposed to bring in his ex-wife, Ivy, before dropping the idea.

• Members

I know. I haven't watched them yet but I'm saving them for later. It's nice to see more put out there. Early '80s soaps were such an uneasy mix of what was thriving and what was dying.

I do hope more of 1980 and 1981 pop up.

• Members

TV Star Parade December 1977. John LaGioia talks of his career and his dissatisfaction with his EON role (which he had left by the time they went to print).

The casual use of a homophobic slur is a great example of the differences in magazines then and now.

TVSP1277007_zpsq0ctswnf.jpg

TVSP1277020_zps9niggzyc.jpg

TVSP1277021_zpswpjrgcno.jpg

Edited by DRW50

• Members

According to Sharon, what she's posting are 10 hours of edited scenes from the Raven/Jefferson Brown storyline. Edge's editor gave this to her as a present when Edge ended its run in '84. So it's very possible that the scenes are not necessarily on other channels since the editor had access to a comprehensive library of episodes.

Yes, that's Laurinda Barrett.