Edge of Night (EON) (No spoilers please)

• Members
He did do it for the pay. He has stated in interviews that he was well paid for his work. I certainly have no problem with taking a job for money. We have all done it. I also respect his right to not hold the genre in high esteem. I do not agree with him, but it is his right to feel that way, though unfounded. He was lucky to have been on Edge, which was always well-written and the best working environment on daytime in the 70s. What does bother me is being so vocal about it. If one is an actor treated nicely by the production, for God's sake, take the money and keep your damn mouth shut. I have no problem with his acting, but he does come across as condescending and arrogant.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm glad to hear the working environment was positive. There's such a great, friendly atmosphere in some of these episodes, and the actors really sell it (like the Deborah/Cliff scenes, which would have been creepy and weird with bad chemistry).

I didn't realize it had been a year.

• Members

I always associate her name with Edge, especially considering the nature of her demise, but IMDB credits her with GL, her last soap role, so I suppose GL is the correct spot. How's that for a run-on sentence?

You must have seen a number of his Edge cast mates, as well personnel from other serials. Did you speak with any of them?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Wow! That's a side of Lawrence Hugo I never saw! I have such happy memories of Lawrence Hugo and Burt Douglas. I remember how Ron Christopher assisted Mike Karr in finding his kidnapped daughter Laurie Ann (then-Emily Prager). I do recall some outdoor location scenes...in a wooded area, when Ron discovered the cabin where Laurie Ann was being kept.

• 4 weeks later...