Edge of Night (EON) (No spoilers please)

• Members

I remember Jim D, th actor was hot, so was Mark Armold as Gavin, and that Cop Damien Tyler!

uh Valerie was BORING

LOVED Didid Bannister, the story with the Whiotneys and the Devereauxs, the sad story of Jinx Avery.

HATED the last Nicole!

Didnt Nancy get kidnapped after the Bryson stuff also? I swear I remember that she was?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The third Nicole (Lisa Sloan) was my favorite.

I also liked Jim, Damian, and, especially, Johnny Gentry. I did not care for Gavin or Kelly as much.

I also liked Camilla Deveraux, Valerie Bryson, and Spencer Varney.

Steve Gutherie and Deborah are my very favorites. They should have never been broken up. (same with Laurie and Vic, and Liz and Steve Prentiss.)

• Members

I remember both Bobo Lewis and Martha Greenhouse from that storyline, or at least from the show. That she played Hannah was told to my by someone else. I thought that one of them played a prison matron. Or, they could have possibly played the same role, with one succeeding the other.

Just because Denny Albee left the show did not necessitate the break-up. A new actor could have replaced Mr. Albee.

Edited by danfling

• Members
I can assure you that Bobo Lewis was the sole Boss Hannah. It is possible Martha Greenhouse appeared in another role in that storyline, as there were many extras, but only Lewis played Hannah. There was a prison matron named Marge whom Hannah paid for privileges, but she was portrayed by Lynne Rogers from Guiding Light. April had a cellmate, Daisy, played by Karen Wenden. Dixie Carter's short lived husband George Hearn was the prison shrink Dr. Whaley. When the inmates were going to hang April for witchcraft, there were a few other women leading the "trial". Maybe Greenhouse played one of them. You could check with The Edge of Night website. It has a list of dayplayers.

• Members
Fisher left within a year of Albee, but she had not decided to do so at the point Albee was dropped. The writers toyed with a Deborah/Logan pairing until Joe Lambie quit. Near the end of Fisher's run, she was tested opposite Larkin Malloy for a Deborah/Sky/Raven triangle. Slesar said that he envisioned Deborah as someone always unlucky in love. Her cross to bear was running away from relationships because she could not trust men. This annoyed Denny Albee. He felt that it made his character of Steve appear weak and foolish when Deborah repeatedly rejected him. He was happy to be moved over to One Life to Live, though I do not know that he fared any better as Dr. Peter Jansen.

• Members

At what point can you find Edge Of Night episodes? My earliest memory of the show is when someone (Mike Karrs wife?) ran outside and was hit by a car. Then I remember a character named Orrin Hillyer who married someone who was a double for his late wife. But when I really started paying attention was when Nicole Travis appeared on the scene and the great Stephanie Martin Murder Mystery happened. I LOVED that storyline, but I guess all video traces of it are nowhere to be found?

• 1 month later...
  • Members

With AMC and OLTL being rebooted. It really made me think about how I STILL miss The Egde of Night. If I had the means, I'd definitely do a re-boot. I would definitely need a writer with the genious of the late great Henry Slesar.

Gonna have to see if I can find a copy of the Seventh Mask. Looks like a fun read.