Edge of Night (EON) (No spoilers please)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Hey, longtime Edge fans, I have good news for you. First of all, Bruce Martin (Keith Whitney/Jonah Lockwood) has sent me photos on my Facebook page of THE tower where Keith threw his uncle, Dr. Charles Weldon, over the top, and where Keith later met his own demise.

It's on the grounds of a beautiful country club in the Pocono Mountain area. www.lordsvalleycountryclub.org

Second piece of good news -- The webmaster for The Edge of Night Homepage is in the process of doing a new one...you can find it at

http://edgehomepage.com

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I have wonderful news for all longtime Edge fans. For those of us, who had the pleasure of seeing the Whitney storyline (1970-71), we saw, what was, probably, the best storyline in Edge's history and a crown jewel for our revered headwriter, Henry Slesar.

I have been invited to the site where the on-location shoots took place, to see the 'Tower' where Keith Whitney (Bruce Martin) pushed his uncle, Dr. Charles Weldon (David Hooks), off the roof, and where, later, Keith stumbled down the spiral staircase to his death.

The general manager is as equally excited as I am. It has been my dream to see this beautiful property. I also have the script for the December 3, 1971 episode that saw the climax to this riveting storyline.

This has been on my 'bucket list,' and now, more than 40 years later, I will get to see where it all happened, under the guidance of directors John Sedwick and Allan Fristoe. I have also been blessed to hear from Keith/Jonah (Bruce Martin) and Tiffany (Lucy Martin)biggrin.png

I will be going down sometime during the week of July 16. I will keep you posted.

• Members

I was reading an old magazine and I thought I saw something about Laurie Kennedy taking over as Laurie. Or something Kennedy. Did anyone by this name play Laurie? I think it said something about she was passed over for another role on the show, but then got Laurie.

• 2 weeks later...