Edge of Night (EON) (No spoilers please)

• Members

I don't understand the connection with Sons and Daughters.    i can, though, remember that two soap operas previously had brothers and sisters fall in love with each other.

Love Is a Many Splendored Thing introduced Andy Hurley (Don Scardino) with the intentions that he would be homosexual.   The CBS network did not approve, so that storyline was dropped and Mr. Scardino departed the show.    Andy was recast (with the late Rusty Thacker).    Andy met Nikki Cabbot (played by Jody Blocker), a ballerina who was also the illegitimate daughter of Andy's father.    Andy's mother Jean realized this.    Andy and Nikki learned that they were siblings but decided to leave town and to marry elsewhere.    She was dancing and dropped dead.

Later, on Somerset, Heather Lawrence (Audrey Lawrence) and Greg Mercer (Gary Swanson) fell in love with one another.   It was later discovered that they were siblings.   i know that these two eventually broke up, but I do not remember the exact resolotion.

Also, on All My Children, Mark Dalton (Mark LaMura) and Erica Kane Martin (Susan Lucci) were attracted to each other.    (This was after her divorce from Dr. Jeff Martin and the murder of Jason Maxwell.)   Mona learned that Mark was the son of her former husband Eric Kane, and she made every attempt to see that they did not get together.   These scenes were actually quite humerous at times!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

How privilegde Edge was to Introduce Julianne to the Entertainment World my she was gorgeous i detect a bit of Jealousy on Raven

I guess someone forgot to mention MrEdge80s already picked up the baton

I propose we start an Edge Vault in Case P&G gets Petty

• Members

Started picking up on some random episodes and I am HOOKED on the April/Draper/Molly triangle. Didn't this spin out of him falsely going to prison, the train wreck, then meeting Molly, her pregnant, then the Nancy in the sanitarium plot? 

Molly is a delightful villain and i love how innocent she plays. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I have two questions:

1.   Actress Grethen Kanne is credited as having played Susan Forbes.    Susan was played mostly by the late Bibi Beesch.   Did Ms. Kanne play the role originally?   Was she replaced with Ms. Beesch?   Or, was Ms. Kanne someone who was seen during the maternity leave of Ms. Beesch?  I remember that Ms. Beesch left the show on a maternity leave and that the character was not seen for many weeks or months.   She returned to the show to testify in Nicole's trial, then I don't think that she was ever seen again.

2.   Wasn't there a Kennedy actress who played the role of Laurie?    Or did she play another character (Phoebe, perhaps)?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Could someone please remind me of how the character of Ron Christopher was introduced on The Edge of Night.   I am sure that his character had already been on the show before the introduction of the Whitney family.    He was already married to Cookie, i believe.    But, how was he brought onto the show?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

One of the classiest, most understated, intelligent, beautiful actresses on soaps. I wish so many of her years at EON and From These Roots  were not gone, but I'm glad we have what we do. 

I wish she'd been interviewed more about From These Roots while there was a chance. 

• Members

I had hoped that she would write a book about The Edge of Night to cover the behind-the-scenes and the various comings and goings of the show.   She was not a part of the show in its beginnings, but she was there for so much of the 1960s, the entire 1070s, and its entirety of the 1980s.

Yes, you are right about her knowledge of From These Roots.   Interviews about this show would have been great!  Is Millette Alexander the only living performer from that show?