Edge of Night (EON) (No spoilers please)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTTjE3bwt2w

The scenes with Mike, Nancy and Timmy were tremendously moving - and just to lighten the situation up a little, we got the extra playing Hallucination Josie (as Louise Shaffer was on Ryan's Hope by this point). Never seen Jayne's Nicole this early - it seems like they aged her up a little by the time of the episodes I have seen more of (summer '79 and on). I love everything with Raven, Steve, Kevin and Logan. The image of Raven and Kevin just sitting in their living room "catching up on reading" (today they would be looking at their phones or Tablets), Raven's flirty games with Logan (which remind me so much of how she was with Derek a few years later). The conversation between Logan and Steve felt so real, not at all leaden the way many soap talks can be. The actors and writers all tried so hard at Edge.

• Members

A friend on Facebook is currently working on Mark Arnold's (Gavin) soap memorabilia.  Check out this:

" I am presently deep into converting Mark's vhs Edge collection he had 80 tapes of complete shows from1980 to his final show in 1983 from WABC and WKBS 48 Philadelphia. Mark had many of the missing Edge episodes from November 80 to June 81 that were never syndicated and have not been seen in 41 years. They are going up on my Edge of Night Youtube page and we are premiering 2 or 3 shows weekly on Sharon Gabet's Facebook page starting in July."

• Members

Now that is a soap treasure! Thanks for sharing, Carl!

This is one of great EON stories that I've heard fans talk about for years, and I have been itching to see clips. I've seen the climax with Winter/Nicole squaring off in the news studio, but I've always wanted to see clips with Wade/Winter. Only one I wish would now pop up would be the Keith Whitney story, which I doubt will ever pop up but one can only hope.

I hope more from this story pops up. It boggles my mind how no one has not rebooted this show as EON could easily capture a mass audience with murder, mayhem, and romance at the crux of the show.

• Members

Yes, EON is one of the main soaps I think could easily be revived in today's world (the others I'd pick are probably OLTL and GL). 

I always wonder how fans felt about the switch in actresses with Winter, as apparently she only became a more scheming character after Stephanie Braxton came in to finish out the story. Stephanie does a good job playing up those disturbed elements, but I could see some rejecting the shift. 

Always weird seeing Deborah without her shorter haircut. 

I had to laugh at Draper's lengthy bedroom scene with gold chain around his neck. Pure '70s nostalgia. 

Slesar did such a good job at pacing stories, in a way few soap writers could. This episode is clearly showing the end of one story (Winter) another at midpoint (the Elliot/Margo saga and the setting up of Margo manipulating April and Draper into the house situation that would be so disastrous for them), and another just beginning (Paige Madison/Mansion of the Damned).

I haven't seen a lot of Dan Hamilton, but he was surprisingly hot and a good actor too, especially how he played Wade's fear when Wade realized just how serious Winter was. He also played a believable drunk. Funny  to think he moved from EON back to  Another World to be shot to death later that same year.

Edited by DRW50