B&B: Week of August 25, 2008

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not convinced it's Pam just yet...still could be Stephen. Pam going crazy could just be a diversion fromt he real culprit. I am liking B&B again though. i just hope they find a good way to end the Katie/Nick/Bridget debacle without us having to go through another 7 months of this baby crap.

• Members

I'm very anti-B&B these days, but I liked today too.

The worst stories didn't are (Nick-Katie-Bridget, Taylor-Rick, and [for me] Marcus-Steffy). We had the A-team. We had a driving single story. We had camp and humor. I want a clip of Betty White saying "And we know what happens when your sister goes off her meds".

Plus all that lemon bar stuff. And the honey bears.

Fun. Still too campy for my tastes in general...but at least it was well acted and done with entertainment. (Beemer stealing the cop car was a laugh riot too).

I could tolerate THIS B&B...silly but fun. When they do that sappy romance sh*t (Nick and Katie), my eyes roll...no entertainment value at all. Plus, for me, the Jack Smith and Patrick Mulcahy dialogue has been atrocious. I wonder what is happening there. I'm wondering if they're being rushed somehow.

• Members

The teaser today was REALLY sloppy. They jumped into those flashbacks way too quickly with no warning, the editing around the bear/Pam knocking Donna out was laughable, and the electric guitar and exterior shots killled all the suspense and momentum going back and forth between the cabin and the Forresters/Logans.

Whether you like the camp or not, there was a better way to get into this stuff. It was really really sloppy.

• Members

I thought most of the eppy was just plain bad. I've never been a fan of Pam, and the stuff with the bear was just ludicrous. Owen banging sticks to chase it away? WHAT. THE. HELL???

But, oddly enough, I found Owen and Donna's scene hot. So much more palatable than Donna/Eric.

• Members

For me, it was tieing in the A-team with the rest of the characters---me, I watch a lot for Steffy and Marcus--so to have the really worked into the storyline while still having their own part, just made it all better for me.

• Members

I dont like the direction they've gone with Own. I felt he was much more intriguing as a bad guy but they went and made him a goodie. I thought he had Deacon potential in the beginning but now he's a generic pretty boy. He and Donna have chemistry but I dont think I'll find a triangle with Eric all that interesting

• Members

Yep. And it was even foreshadowed way back at the beginning of the story (in the flashback Ridge had on Friday's show, where he recalled Pam barging in on his and Eric's private meeting to give Eric the lemon bar). My original suspect list had Pam and Owen at the top because of the foreshadowing with the lemon bar and the gin bottle. In discussing at one point, someone even asked when Pam was mentioned "why would she hurt Eric?" and I had it pegged to something along the lines of what she told Donna.

With the cop car, I agree. I can see Owen knowing how to hot wire a car, but the Beverly Hills precinct of the LAPD would have to be as inept as they were in the BEVERLY HILLS COP films to not notice Owen driving off in one of their vehicles. Then again, the fabulous Baker boys sometimes remind me of the cops from those films. :) As for the papers, Owen would get to see them eventually as part of free discovery when he went to trial, and he would know that since he was a legal investigator before coming to L.A., so the cops probably didn't see much harm in letting him see them now as he asked.

Archived