B&B: Week of August 25, 2008

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Did we have FOUR stories at the same time today?! Amazing! Nick/Katie, Steph/Eric, Baker/other detective, Owen/Donna

We actually got a semi-normal scene with Pam today.

The Donna/Owen thing was a little weird. She went from hating him to believing him SO quickly.

And I don't mind Nick and Katie as much when we get them in very small doses.

• Members

B&B doesn't work at all for me these days. Everything is happening very fast and one storyline comes after the other and is forgotten after a few weeks. Therefore I cannot invest :(

Owen came as a character with a lot of potential (B&B hasn't had an interesting bad boy since Deacon) but he became too nice rather quickly.

All these Logan-Forrester pairings remind me of the Brady-Horton mess on DAYS where everyone is related. That's the only reason I gave up on Marcus and Steffy.

None of these people have friends? There are other types of relationships except romantic ones. Every time I see two women grow closer I know a triangle will come up next week.

Some originality please and it's time to return to storylines that last months or even years.

• Members

Brimike, you know these writers. What do you think is happening?? This is so odd... How can the show...with a fairly stable writing team...and some people with great accomplishments in the past...be going this far downhill.

Off the writing topic, what is UP with Jack Wagner? Now they have him with glasses in his hair to hold back that uncontrolled stringy mess. Why don't they just cut his hair?

Every part of this show...sets (cabana???), production model (those choppy closeups just look childish to me), hair, dialog, and acting (I'm mostly talking about Marcus and Steffy) seems INTENTIONALLY bad. I'm not being hyper-critical...it really is more awful than I ever remember.

But what has be scratching my head is that this is NOT a situation of a new team coming in and trashing the show. This is the SAME team. But it just gets worse and worse and worse.

I'd lobby for a one-month shut down, and show classic episodes. Then, the current team needs a major talking too or SOMETHING to get this show back on track. I just don't understand what is going on.

• Members

The problem with B&B is that the last original thing that came to the show was the introduction of the Spectra clan.

The show has been unable to introduce new core characters and therefore we have the same group of people having the same two or three storylines in all kinds of combinations. This cannot last forever.

• Members

It is more than that Elsa. You have hit the nail on the head...except...recently there has been a devolution beyond this. Forget the inbred stories. The sappy awful dialogue. The hideous production values. The awful casting. The uber-melodrama. You take the most inbred soap, and you make it WORSE.

This is odd. I cannot explain it from the variables I know (behind the scenes players).

• Members

When Kay Alden and all these Y&R people came to B&B I was certain that we would get a new improved and more sophisticated version of the show. The funny thing is that we get one or two good weeks and then five or six horrible ones. These days B&B is too naive. I'd rather watch some ATWT from 1986 instead of failed attempts to be more like Passions or to find the next Stephanie Forrester. I am sure you are right and there is a lot more to this story though.

• Members

ROFLMAO!!!!!! I don't have the first clue. My only guess (and this is pure speculation) is that they're just marketing it towards the overseas audience. Not to insult the overseas audience when I say that, but they look for a different show than Americans do.

• Members

Yeah, I knew you were in Europe, so I'm glad you didn't misunderstand what I was saying, Elsa. :D The campier soaps always seem to do well over there... campier music too (Hassellhoff, anyone?)

I wonder - does it have anything to do with how it's dubbed/translated? I'd be curious to see what an English translation of the Greek B&B is like compared to the actual original English.

• Members

In order for this show to get better, they need to put Susan Flannery, KKL, and Hunter Tylo back front and center, and get rid of Heather Tom and Ashley Jones. People are just not interested in Katie and Bridget or their fight or Nick (poor Jack Wagner having to play Nick). Neither character pairing has a big enough fan base and the falling ratings are proof.

Archived