B&B: Week of August 25, 2008

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thank God US series are not dubbed here... Only telenovelas. I think they tried to do it with Sunset Beach as well, but it lasted less than a month. I thought it was horrid... :P I am fine with the subtitles, thank you.

I guess the campier soaps are more successful because a) we got to see them from the first episode (B&B, Santa Barbara, SuBe, Loving), B) we were "forced" to pay attention to them because of a crazy story (JER's Days) c) we never got over Dynasty and we just enjoy watching problematic rich families (Y&R, B&B etc)

AMC (episodes from 1983; the Jenny era) and OLTL (Michael Malone's first stint) were two soaps shown here and nobody cared at all. Too much history perhaps? I know I was obsessed with them and I had nobody to discuss them with in the pre-internet years.. :lol:

• Members

I'm glad they haven't put the awkward transitions in the more dramatic parts and we still have some of the classic music. Today when Stephanie was letting Donna have it, I was afraid we were going to get some upbeat music or some unfitting transition, but we didn't.

• Administrator

Yeah, that music was classic B&B. I wish they would play more of B&B's classic cues (even though I'm not that big of a fan of them, I just think they're way better than the new upbeat/rock'n roll/pop crap).

Today's episode was pretty good. I wonder who Donna's attacker is. Maybe it's Morgan since they mentioned her today? Or maybe it's Sheila? What if it's crazy Pam? Hmm.......

• Members

In the Netherlands B&B has lost a lot of viewers and they are trying to get them back. The Felicia cancer storyline is beginning here and they are trying to promote it, because a lot of people know Lesli Kay of ATWT. ATWT is the most watch American soap over here. Right now only those two soaps are airing. Days , YR, Sunset Beach all failed.

• Members

No kidding! I knew ATWT was huge over in the Netherlands, but didn't know about B&B. That's interesting about the Felicia cancer story... that was done really well, I thought. Until the end. But the majority of it was well-written and well-acted (I thought).

• Members

I knew B&B was big in the Netherlands. I remember when Bobbie Eakes and Jeff Trachta gave both a real life and within the show concert there. It was totally awesome. Baby Bell actually showed up and let himself be filmed as one of the people applauding in the audience.

Archived