Y&R: Week of August 18, 2008

• Members

The writing for the previos Noah under LML at one point was so "jazz hands!" that he seemed to be this close to joining a Liza Minnelli tribute act.

I didn't get an Andrew vibe from the 0.002 seconds I caught NuNoah, but if that's where they are going with him, I wouldn't mind. Andrew on DH is one of my favorites.

Porque Victor està en México.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Agreed..

I Love Heinle, she resembles to me her Character's Family..

I liked her when Alden was writing for her at the time when she first aired as well. When LML came is what weakened alot of Roles/Characters (not just hers alot of Characters) and also I put very little thought into anything Nelson Branco says, although sometimes I may agree I don't with all.

I mean his is a man who said Vail Bloom is a Hair Model, obviously meaning she cannot act??

He can be too rough and wrong at times, I might add I have seen some recasts that were far worse overall since the show started..

Besides this week Victoria snotty/bitchy or not, she was good to me.

• Members

Obviously, Gloria is the only one with a brain at Jabot..

"Gloria to Katherine: I know that, Katherine. Don't get me wrong, I like Cane. He is handsome, he's charming, but let's face it, a year ago, he was chasing kangaroos in the outback and throwing shrimps on the barbie. He is not qualified to run an international cosmetics company."

I love you Gloria, you go get your Jabot...I can't wiat to see her throw Jill and Cane to the curb...and although I like Katherine...I hope Gloria gives her a verbal bitch-slap once shes in charge.

• Members

I caught Friday's episode on SoapNet last night. Did anyone else feel like the episode was disjointed and felt rushed? :huh: Adam apologizing to Heather at the hospital was great. I love those two together.

I just felt like they were going all over the place, showing alot of stories in one day, all to bring them to some climatic ending for Friday's sake. It kinda fell flat for me. I would have rathered they concentrated on a couple stories, told them well and then gave us the cliffhanger. Not seeing Victor since he went out on the water is bad. I want to see him kick Walter's ass. :huh:

But the previews look good for Monday.

• Members

Adam is an idiot. What man tells a woman he is dating that your problems will never come before mine. I mean seriously even if he feels this way, you don't say it. Especially after she has been listening to you whine and holding your hand for weeks. Yep, that would make me want to stay with a man who will always put himself first.

Sure he apologized later when she was in the hopsital, but that comment is how he truly feels. I liked Adam and Heather at first, but she doesn't deserve a loser like Adam if that is how he really feels.

We are not going to see Victor on the ship with Walter because that would cost too much to film, and we can't see Victor kill Walter in cold blood. Walter will be dead, but nobody will know what really happened.

• Members

I agree with everything here. I think the lingering doubt about how Walter died (my speculation, no spoiler) will actually be good. Victor IS capable of this revenge murder. But it is POSSIBLE that a wave just knocked Walter overboard. Doesn't matter, really. Victor engineered whatever happened. It fuels the legend of Victor as a man with a VERY dark core, and someone not to be crossed. It tells us that TO THIS DAY he could still put someone in a dungeon, as he did almost 3 decades ago.

Adam has now been ruined. I think we're seeing a pretty selfish, self-involved, narcissitic young man bubbling up...I'm quite disappointed, because I liked Adam straddling light and dark, and I thought Adam and Heather were remarkable to watch. I am sad if the show squanders their one strong potential new couple.

• Members

I must admit I was also quite disappointed when Adam told that to Heather. I wish he had at least kept Heather as his good side. The writers didn't do good on that part. They obviously wanted to make some sort of a conflict, but they chose the wrong way, even though Adam apologized.

• Members

I enjoyed this past week more than any week in a while. Still things I don't wanna see, but overall I finally am seeing improvement in the show. I hope it continues and the so called problems behind the scenes don't end up hurting the small strides the show is making to get back to the show I once couldn't miss.

• Members

I agree, too. I never thought I'd see a time when I'd be rooting for Gloria, but this whole "Cane as CEO/Jabot is a Chancellor Family Business" thing has me on her side because of the way Jill and Katherine are basically spitting on the memory of a man who was the former's ex-husband and the one of the latter's closest friends. While I would still like to see Gloria pay in some way for the face cream debacle (and there are ways of doing it that wouldn't involve getting rid of the character completely), the one thing she obviously grasps from her short pseudo-marriage to John is that Jabot is his family's legacy, and that finally gives her and Jack some common ground.

Oh, how I hope the writers run with that, and I'm hoping Billy's return (as someone who has ties to both the Abbott family and Katherine) might set the stage for more. But I've seen hopes dashed by the current writing team before and will believe it when I see it.

Archived