Y&R: Week of August 18, 2008

• Members

It's been awhile since I posted but once again I am trying to get back into the soaps (AMC is still awful to me but much better without McTavish but anyway) but I been faithful to watching Y&R and I have to disagree. I don't think Amelia is shrill at all and I am loving her in this role.

I loved how Vikki handled Adam today. She didn't break a sweat. He all but jumped up and down having a tantrum and she was calm cool and collected and still managed to walk all over him. I loved it and it proves you don't have to yell and be a raving lunatic to be effective haha. I get some want the "old" Victoria but if the writers wanted her to be more aggressive they would write it in and the director would tell that to Amelia ( I still remember the scene Victoria had with Sharon when she found out about her kissing Brad and I think that showed that if Amelia was really asked to be "vicious" she could do it). Before Amelia even started to do scenes as Victoria they reported in TV guide that the show was taking Victoria in another direction and wanted to display a more vulnerable side. IMO Amelia has done what was written for her and I personally think she's done it very well and made Victoria her own, but JMO :)

The Cane guy I agree with but I actually was rooting for him and Amber and I guess I still am. I don't like him and Lily or Amber and Daniel at all.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Re Karen - I really like her and wish they would keep her on. Nia is an amazing talent. I just think her char needs soem work, a history, and a plan. She seems like the type that can be easily moved from group to group - i could see her with brad, jack, niel, cane, just about anyone.

• Members

IA. I think there's not enough Adam/Heather either, but we did get 2 days in a row this week! :)

I love Nia Peeples. The montage they had a few weeks ago (or last week, can't remember) with Ana singing to her was great. She didn't have to say a word - it was all in her reaction to this child singing her the song her mother used to sing to her. I definitely think she has potential and hope (probably against hope) that TPTB will keep her around.

• Members

And we'll be getting a storyline tomorrow too, and I feel like there's a chance it won't be that storyline everyone was buzzing about. It may be something else.

I feel like the only reason they asked her to come back was for Tyra's storyline. Otherwise, they aren't trying to do anything else with the character.

• Members

Hey cool---where did you hear that one from? I'm thinking they would be recurring...

And I've got to say, I wasn't that impressed with Ameilia and her recent scenes--she's done better, but all this is doing is make me actually root for Adam more, and I never thought I'd say that. And I'm actually ok with the screen time of Adam and Heather right now, because it's not an overload, and when we do get them, I'm really excited to watch.

Archived