Y&R: Week of August 18, 2008

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well they had to age Fen too since they did it with Noah and Summer. Fortunately, for now Abby is still the same age.

I'm interested to see how will the new Noah do tomorrow. He's finally getting a storyline, and we really couldn't get much from the first appearance.

• Members

Yup. We'll see how he stacks up tomorrow.

Is it me, or did anyone chuckle a little bit when Ana went runnin out of the house past Katherine and she didn't do anything??? Then after Neil and Tyra asked about her "I thought you knew she ran outta the house like a crazy person" :lol::lol:

Katherine was probably thinking to herself - Is senility creepin in or did some kid just run past me in the hall? :lol:

• Members

Who would you fire? I remember awhile back Vail Bloom was very unpopular, and new writers came in and catered to her "strengths," and now she's one of the more interesting characters on the show (to some). That's what needs to be done here. See what's not working, and give some of these actors a chance before handing out pink slips.

To me, coming in and just getting rid of people isn't creative at all. It's just lazy and unimaginative. That's why I liked MAB at first when she gave David a purpose, but then when she killed him off so abruptly, that's when she missed the mark. As for the stories, I'd rather for the writers to collectively be reigned in, and find a logical conclusion, or way to steer these stories back on track. Too much shuffling, and quick rewrites is only going to make this show even more unstable and nonsensical.

• Members

I can see your point, MTS. By the way, are you finding the show now unstable and nonsensical? Or are you saying that by just showing the people the door without trying to "save" the character would make the show unstable and nonsensical??

Just curious. :)

• Members

I am loving Adam and Heather. The corporate intrigue here is wonderful both with Jill at Jabot and Viki and Adam at Newman. There was one show last week that was just excellent. The one with Sharon and Phyllis narrowly avoiding a cat fight then the Jabot board meeting.

• Members

I don't think they refuse to do it - I think it's more that they just haven't gotten around to it. There has to be some reason they're keeping her around. There's also the fact that there's no one to pair her with right now. They brought in Eyal Podell for AL's Colleen, so I'm hoping they bring in someone new for TS.

At least Hogan Sheffer seems to be writing for TS now. It's not the frontburner storyline she deserves, but it's a start.

If she ever decides to leave, fine. Good for her. But if she is fired, there's no justice in the world.

If and when she leaves of her own accord, I would hope they would try to get Lyndsy Fonseca back, or just recast again.

Archived