The Dark Knight

Toups

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

An I do believe that heath joker is better than Jack's joker, but the films were completely different. The current batman is more dark and the earlier versions were more camp. Could jack had played dark, I certainly think so especially after watching the shining.

• Members

Yes I truly do, because not only is this a comic book film, its also crosed the barrier to being one of the great crime dramas of our time.

And the hype was there long before he died. For me anyway. From the moment I saw the first teaser trailer a year ago, I knew this performance was going to be huge and this movie. I was not disappointed. Maybe you should see it first? :P

• Members

Have you even seen the movie?

It has nothing to do with his death. Hell, I wish he was alive today so he could collect his damn Oscar on stage. Absolutely mesmerizing, I'm seeing it again.

The best moment in the film is The Joker's hospital monologue with Two-Face. Just brilliant. I am still [!@#$%^&*] floored 24 hours later.

The saddest part of all is that if the Joker indeed returns in the next film, Heath will not be playing him. :(

Oh, and I can't believe Batman saved Harvey, that was shocking to me! The next one is going to be nearly impossible to beat. The soundtrack, directing, acting, and deep psychological dialogue (at times) was brilliant to watch!

• Members

The Shining really freaked me out and is one of the best horror flicks I have ever seen.

Yes the other Batman films were completely different.

Michael Keaton IMHO is better suited to do Comedy, while George Clooney is more of the romantic type. Val Kilmer not sure about him.

I like Christian as batman and he isn't to bad on the eye either.

• Members

It broke opening day records here in Australia as well.

A lady on the train this morning mention how long the line was to get into the 8.30 session on a Saturday night. And another mentioned that the 10.30 am session she went to was full, and the one I went to was half full which wasn't to bad for a mid afternoon session.

• Members

Here in Canada at the theatre in town they were showing it on 3 screens and every show was completely sold out Friday when I went. Luckily I purchased my tickets a week in advance. The wait to get in for the 10:30 showing was an hour and a half and when I got there at 9pm, there was at least 60 people already in line. Within 10 minutes the line up was all the way out the back of the building outside. It was an absolute frenzy.

Archived