The Dark Knight

Toups

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree with what everyone said in the movie.

I would hardly call this a comic book movie-- aside from the obvious. It was so much more deeper and darker. There was a lot more humanity and emotion into it unlike the last 2 spidermen. (Spider man 1 was good). It wasn't what I expected either (despite all the hype). It was disturbing on many levels which makes it more of a movie than a super hero flick. I also agree that Ledger was awesome and that people were talking about his role long before his death. Bravo though. It was good to watch!!

• Members

I've always been way more impressed with Christian than with Heath. Heath could play a good note, but he's always been one note for me. Of course, I haven't seen TDK yet. Christian will be my ONLY reason for seeing it. The man can play anything and do it well. He's quite simply amazing.

• Members

I'd vote for a little known to unknown to play Catwoman. Someone like Angelina Jolie will make a circus out of the movie. Christian is very private and he's gone through enough with Heath's death and now his family issues. I really don't want to see what kind of media circus it would become with Angelina Jolie in it.

• Members

Not a big fan of either actor, but I would say in this movie Heath is the better actor. Christian to me just has three emotions as an actor: sulk, smirk, and angry. But he is easy on the eyes. :lol: I still say Michael Keaton is the best batman, he personified bruce wayne, where as I don't think Christian shows any real personality.

The only way the batman crew is gonna get a newbie to play catwoman is if Angie turns it down, they would be idiots not to go with her, Brangelina hoopla or not. The other actress I could see playing the role is charlize theron, but the problem is I doubt she would do any of her own stunts, unlike angelina(at least the ones the studio/insurance allow her to do) plus angie will tell them if something is corny.

• Members

Christian is easy on the eyes, but I would love him as an actor no matter what he looked like. I couldn't possibly disagree more that he only has three emotions as an actor. I would ask what movies of his you've seen if that's all you've seen of him, but since I know he shows more than that in Batman Begins, alone, not even factoring in his other movies, I think it'd be a pointless debate. I personally think the man's a phenom, and not just because he can master accents and has the power to physically transform himself so easily. He has the ability to completely disappear into any part he plays. He literally becomes the character, and I forget I'm watching an actor, acting. That's what makes him for me the best working actor in his age range today.

He's heads and tails above the Leonardo DiCaprio's (OH PLEASE. Overrated, much?), the Brad Pitt's, the George Clooney's, the Matt Damons, the Tom Cruises, and just about every other actor that kisses butt and plays the Hollywood "game."

I'll take him over all the above without a second glance. And not regret it for a minute, either. For sure, Batman isn't exactly a challenging role, but that's what's great about CB for me. He can take the simplest role and give it a new spin and give it layers and make it come alive just by his sheer committment. He can take a piece of crap movie and elevate it to watchable and even good. And the good stuff? It just turns to gold simply by him inhabiting his character and doing his thing.

GUSH over.

About Angelina? Eh. Last I heard, she couldn't turn down a role she hadn't been offered. C.Theron would be more interesting and likely have loads more chem with CB. IF we have to have Catwoman (personally don't care about the character), I vote an unknown, if we have to have a name, CT or someone else, ANYONE else, before AJ.

• Members

I disagree. The character is an important character, and due to a good casting choice, the role was sold as one. Katie Holmes v.s Maggie Gyllenthall, is it really any contest?

I thought Maggie was wonderful in the role.

• Members

I'll throw my five cents into the Christian Bale/Heath Ledger debate and say hands down Heath is much stronger in this movie. To be honest Heath just gave a brilliantly amazing, spectacular and fantastic performance. Heath had me rooting for the joker and his one liners just hit the mark. Their was so much personality, so much vitality and energy in his performance that the entire movie is just an experience of pure euphoria and it hits you in your mind, your heart and your soul. He thoroughly convinces you that he is the Joker and you begin to understand his motives, ideals and slowly begin to thirst to see more of him. To be honest through out the entire movie I was rooting for the Joker! Just because Heath's performance was so humerous, honest and just deliciously entertaining. The way he would float from humor to danger within seconds was just exhilierating and invigorating to see. He has sold me on him being the Joker. Point. Blank. He is Sensational.

As to Bale. He has had better roles. He was exceptionale in American Psycho. But to be honest as Batman he is stale, dry and banal. I hate that whsipery voice that he does in the role that makes Batman sound like a ghost rather then the domineering man he is supposed to be. He does a great job as Bruce he has the play-boy, could care-less quip about him down to an art form but he is not a strong Batman and his performance in Dark Knight is forgettable by comparison to the performances delivered by Ledger, Eckhart and even Gyllenhaal who worked the hell out of her supporting role and expanded and deepend the performance that was shallowed by Holmes portrayal.

As to Racheal being pivitol and needed character, she was made up anyway. She ultimately didn't matter and she wasn't canon anyway.

As to the next movie. I don't want Pengiun (who is a joke of a villian), Riddler (who was rather annoying) or Catwoman (who Michelle Pfieffer did an excellent portrayal of). I think the Batman movies should circulate around one villian anyway. If Catwoman HAS to be casted I wouldn't mind Jolie (who is an excellent action-thriller based actress) or Theron (who is unbelievablly sexy and very poignant). I think both incarnations would be equally as viable.

Archived