The Dark Knight

Toups

• Members

I actually thought Jake had the better role between the two. Not to take anything away from Ledger's performance but I was by far more moved and sympathetic to Jake's character then I was for Heath's. Jake did a really good job with the romance aspect of it. However HL did an acceptable job in Brokeback Mountain.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

http://www.hecklerspray.com/batman-3-catwo...d/200815249.php It has a quote regarding the issue and I have seen it reported all over the internet. My personal feeling is that either Bane or The Riddler will be the focus of the next Batman film if there is to be one..

One villain that I seriously think they should try again is Poison Ivy, given all the controversy surrounding the environment.

They could totally do that character.

I think Angelina or Charlize Theron would be great.

• Members

Bane is a wack villian (yes I am using 90's language, he's that bad). I guess given those choices I would happily pick the Riddler however I just don't think the Riddler is a strong villian especially after coming off of the Joker and Two Face as villians in "The Dark Knight". I don't know how I feel about Posion Ivy...

• Administrator

Thanks for the link, Adam. I would think they would like the Penguin character because he is a crime boss.

Charlize is another good choice! Sexy and talented.

The Riddler can challenge Batman's mind. :)

• Members

Going to see it for a third and final time this afternoon. I will then wait for the DVD which probably won't be out until Christmas.

I really hope they go all out with it too. I am thinking 3 disc set. Its a shame though that Heath won't be involved with it. I doubt any commentaries were done all the way back then.

• Members

Thats just stupid if this is true, the Penguin and catwoman are two of the most popular villians in the batman franchise. I understand Nolan trying to stay away from what was done before, but his batman is far from Tim Burton's batman and it would be a challenge for him to have a different take on the characters like he did with the joker.

I disagree with you here, because I found his bruce to be stale, uncharismatic, and uncharming. I thought he was better as batman.

• Members

This article was in our newspaper.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,2...5006023,00.html

ANGELINA Jolie is reportedly being lined up to star as Batman's nemesis Catwoman in a new movie, and she has the blessing of the original actress to take the role.

The 33-year-old actress – who gave birth to twins Knox and Vivienne earlier this month – is said to be in final negotiations with studio bosses to play the feline villain who first appeared in the Batman comics.

It is not clear whether she would play the role in the current Batman film series, starring Christian Bale as the caped crusader, or in a spin-off film as Halle Berry did in 2004's Catwoman.

Actress Julie Newmar, who played Catwoman in the Batman TV series from 1966 to 1967, has given her blessing for Jolie to play the part.

"Angelina would own the part," Newmar, now 74, said.

"My industry friends tell me she has already made enquiries about the role. I can understand how it would pique her interest. Catwoman is Batman's one true love.

"She is tremendously popular with women because she's both a heroine and a villainess."

Other actresses to take on the role of Catwoman include Michelle Pfeiffer in 1992 movie Batman Returns, and Eartha Kitt who took over from Newmar in the TV series.

Jolie was recently tipped to be starring in The Thomas Crown Affair 2 alongside Pierce Brosnan and has reportedly been ordered by studio bosses to put on weight for the role.

• Members

I just think Nolan's approach to the whole Batman franchise has more realism attached to it, and The Penguin and Catwoman would be kind of hard to pull off in that sense.

It however I think could be done with Catwoman. The Penguin, not so much.

• Members

Actually critics believe that the Penguin is one of the worst villians in the Batman franchise. Even a large portion of fans (especially the ones who buy the comic books) consider him to be a joke and a very little threat to Batman and find him to be ridiculous. The Penguin would just be a HUGE step down after the Joker and Two Face in this movie. The villians who have a much larger fanbase and are critically renowned are Mister Freeze, Posion Ivy, Harley Quinn and Two-Face. The Penguin is small time compared to The Joker and Catwoman. Heck even Scarecrow is considered a more sound villian then Penguin.

Archived