The Dark Knight

Toups

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just saw it...words cannot describe this movie but I'll give it a shot.

Just amazing. Heath Ledger is frightening as The Joker and I'm 100% certain that he'll get an award for the role. You guys just don't know..he DESERVES to get Best Actor for this movie. I've just never seen anything like it before. The plot is great. The suspense, the action, even the lil romance they put in it. All blend together so well. And its ridiculously scary at some parts. And the best part is that all the characters feel important. All of them have big roles and you feel for them. Especially Harvey Dent...just so sad. Anyways you MUST see this movie.

I think I'm gonna see it again.

Best Move of 2008 and that's saying a lot considering Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk were both Top Movies in my opinion this year. But The Dark Knight easily beats them out.

• Members

Heath Ledger did the damn thang, I was totally impressed with his performance and I hope he gets nominated for something. I didn't realize two-face was going to be in this movie, so that was a shock, but I really should of realized that since I used to watch batman the animated series and that was his real name Harvey, but its been years since I watched. :lol: I actually think they made a really smart move in not promoting other villians, because the batman series in the past has gotten out of hand with all these villians been thrown out there with no real direction. Christian was christian, but I'm glad he is going to be in the new terminator movie. Wasn't really impressed with Maggie G. as Rachel, as small as her role was K.H. should of just came back.

An was it just me or should in memory of Heath Ledger been put right after the movie ended instead of somewhere in between and then when it finally rolled it was for less than 5 seconds.

• Members

Now what can I say about this movie.

I loved it and all the hype about Heath Ledger's performance in this movie was worth it.

He should be nominated for the all the awards, The Golden Globe's, The BAFTA's, Screen Actors Guild and the Oscar's and he has a very good chance of winning them all as well.

IMHO Heath's joker was and is a lot better than Jack Nicholson's was.

ITA with EricaKane70 the "In Memory of Heath Ledger should have been right after the movie ended and before the credits started to roll. Not every one will stay to see it especially if you have a full bladder.

ETA - How could I get The Golden Globes and The Grammy's mixed up lol.

• Members

Heath Ledger's Joker and Jack Nicholson's Joker are incomparable.

This Joker was so dark and deeply psychological, where as the other one was pure comical camp. I was literally scared a couple of times when The Joker had a monolouge. Heath Ledger was just absolutely brilliant in this film as was every other major character. It all tied together very nicely. It just was amazing, simply put A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!

• Members

I saw it yesterday. Absolutely amazing!! I'm just in awe. Every single scene was important and I was glued to it. I had to pee so bad like half-way through but I held it the entire movie because there was NO part that I felt I could miss. All of the actors, especially Heath, were amazing. His Joker was just....AH! Perfect portrayal. And Two-Face was such a nice surprise. I can't help but wonder if he's actually dead...

Archived