The Dark Knight

Toups

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

HOLY Oscar-Worthy-Performance-By-Heath-Ledger, Batman!!! I think Heath's Joker will go down as one of the best movie villains of all time, if not the best. My only disappointment in the Joker is that I wish he was on more. Don't get me wrong, he was on a lot....I just loved him so much I wanted to see more. LOL The Joker had SO MANY great scenes and dialogue! One of the best Joker scenes was definitely the "pencil trick." "You guys want to see a majc trick? Watch me make this pencil disappear." Dude walks up to the Joker and the Joker slams his head on the pencil!! LMAO!! The whole audience went "OOOOHHHH!!!!" :lol: From that moment, I knew Heath was going to be brilliant in the rest of the film. Other favorite Joker scenes were the hospital scenes with the nurse outfit in the wig. LOL!! Oh man, that scene with the Joker and Harvey was one of the best in the movie.

Speaking of Harvey Dent, Aaron Eckhart was also amazing in this film. My favorite scene with him was when Harvey wasn't Two Face yet, but you could see his descent into madness when he was thinking of shooting that schizophrenic guy. Runner up was the hospital scene with the Joker.

Back to the Joker, how about that final scene with Batman? What a fantastic monologue by the Joker. I thought it was so sad because we won't get to see Heath's Joker battle Batman again which I'm sure it was going to happen. I'm so going to post that whenever I find a copy of the script.

Hmm.....what else.....oh....the plot twist and turns!!! Gordon is dead? No way!! He can't die already! Man, was I totally fooled! LOL Rachel dying because the Joker tricked Batman! :o

This movie was so freaking good! I really hope they get some serious Oscar considerations especially Heath. This was more than a comic book movie. It was a gritty, psychological, crime film masterpiece. Bravo Christopher Nolan!! And thank you for picking Heath to play the Joker!

• Administrator

http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/dark...-office-record/

IT SHATTERS AT LEAST 10 RECORDS! 'Dark Knight' Played to $43M Sunday; $158.3M Crushes Weekend B.O. Record And Should Break Best Week Record, Too

MONDAY AM: Bigger... Bigger... BIGGEST! The Dark Knight's weekend tally was more than first thought -- a record-setting $158.3M, according to Warner Bros. That comfortably beats Spider-Man 3's $151.1M for best-ever 3-day non-holiday weekend. The latest Batman installment's Sunday take of $43M was down only -8% compared to Saturday's and set the best-ever Sunday total for its 9th record. It's 10th record will beat the all-time first week tally.

I'm so happy TDK beat that disappointing third installment of Spiderman! :)

• Administrator

It's kinda obvious that you don't come into a movie thread if you haven't seen the movie. That's just logical. And just in case, I edited the topic before I made my post last night. :)

• Administrator

It kinda does. If a person hasn't seen the movie, why would they go into a thread about the movie? Obviously there are going to be people talking about the movie. Same with daily/weekly threads in DTS. You obviously don't go into the thread if you haven't seen the episode yet. Logical.

That's why I edited the title, just in case.

Sure.

• Members

I loved THE DARK KNIGHT. The best Batman movie ever. Heath Ledger was awesome as the Joker. Maggie Gyllenhaal was an improvement as Rachel, but glad they've killed her off none the less. Glad that Comm. Gordon wasn't killed off. Nice surprise. I hope the next movie will have more Two-Face, and hopefully CatWoman and Penguin. I'm also hoping that Robin will get introduced in the next film.

• Webmaster

Just came back from watching the film in IMAX, and OMG is it an amazing movie! I really felt for all the characters, including the villains, specifically the Joker. The movie was just full of shocking moments that you'd expect to be hinted at in other movies, but actually done here.

I finally have accepted Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne/Batman, after Michael Keaton held the title for years. Even accepted Maggie in the role of Rachel, even though I was condemning her casting over Katie (thought Katie wasn't available). Will miss her character though.

Now as for what Mulder said, wasn't it obvious that Two-Face died in the film? I could swear that was the point of not letting it be known that he turned into an evil man...

I knew Commissioner Gordan wasn't dead for the simple fact that he wasn't Commissioner Gordon yet, lol :)

• Members

ITA. She just wasn't right for the role.imo I hope catwoman is in the next one and please don't give halle berry the role. I think angelina Jolie would be a good catwoman or red claw, especially since she seems to be the only woman in hollywood that can carry an action-packed movie.

Archived