Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Tonight was really good as well. Belle was heartwarming saying she loved Will. Nikhil was a true gentleman all the way to the end saying that it didn't matter that she broke his heart, he would do it all again anyway. I love him.

I am going to miss Viv so damn much. At least the last words spoken to her were genuine compliments and not someone lashing out at her.

Goodbye Wylde's! You all gave me immense entertainment during your brief stay.

• Members

The Wylde story fell apart last year and perhaps the show resents the actors in the family for leaving, but how sad to see this once fascinating bunch each given such a poor exit, first Natasha, then that crap with Nathan, now Maisie moping her way out of town, not even having goodbyes with anyone she used to be friendly with. I guess Declan is so busy with his annoying family that the show couldn't be bothered to even have him say goodbye to her or notice she was gone.

I still wonder why, if they're having a clearout, they've done such a poor job with the new characters they've brought in.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

So from what I've heard, the two characters who died didn't even get an exit scene, and Viv won't even get an onscreen funeral. I guess respect for history doesn't mean much if you need that airtime for such thrilling stories as the wooden, vapid Katie/Andy/EvilCop, Declan's annoying family, the increasingly pointless Bartons, and life-draining Aaron and Jackson having the same scene for months on end!

If Emmerdale is going to trash its own history, I wish their present wasn't so damn hollow.