Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Members

You should be thanking Wikipedia. ;)

It really all matters how they pursue the stuff with Eric, but I wouldn't hate him being a murderer. I only started watching in 2009, but Eric used to be a villainous type that has melted with old age, LoL. Seeing his darker side could be interesting.

I agree with you about Andy/Katie. Andy deserves much better than Katie, who never knows what she wants. She's one of those people who gets bored easily and is never happy. Very indecisive. Like Carrie from Sex and the City.

Edited by Amello

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

A good episode tonight.

I would love it if the twist to this Katie being stalked story was that it was Gennie the person was after. I want to see her in a damn story! Good to see Scarlett and Chas are still on good terms.

I used to find the Amy chick annoying, but she's slowly growing on me. Plus, she's the reason Eric has a story so I'm just going to take what I can get.

The whole Jacob SL I could care less about. It all seems pointless to me.

I guess tonight started Doug's exit SL. Maybe he leaves with a lady friend?

It seems my worst fears about this Derek/Lisa thing are going to come true. But again, it's just nice to them being something other than props.

• Members

The biggest reason Dee Dee finally left Eric is because he hid letters from her home country, as he didn't want her to leave. He didn't realize they were letters saying that her mother was dying. When she learned of this, her mother had already died, and she could not forgive him.

I hate Andy/Katie together. Andy is a thug and does not need to be with the plastic princess, and I see little purpose for Katie anyway. I do like the actor who plays the cop and I'm not sure why they've wasted him in this story where he will probably just be psycho of the month. He was a leading man on The Doctors wasn't he?

If they're going to bring back Elizabeth's story then they should include Elsa too, wasn't she Elizabeth's daughter? She had the daughter with cute Nick Bates, who was last seen in prison fifteen years ago. They should bring some of these people back, as the show seems so lacking in history at the moment and the new characters are just sort of bland.

• Members

A poster on TWoP mentioned how he thought Derek would rape Lisa and with today's episode where he basically uttered her name every other word that seems to have major merit with me. At least it wouldn't be an affair :unsure:

Okay, I have to say it. Amy has HUGE breasts. They steal every scene they're in.

What the hell happened to Victoria? Where is she? :(

How sad that after Viv is killed off, presumably, there will only be two characters left that were actually there for the plane crash. I've never seen a show gut it's fabric the way Emmerdale has. Anyway, I don't understand why they never went the Terry/Viv route. SOULMATES!

However, Betty, as always, saves the day. I can watch her do anything for hours.

Chas needs to take a vacation if she's constantly going to be having a go at Andy.

And my God, Declan's dad is just is terrible. The worst I've seen on this show.

• Members

Some kind uploader is posting the Eric/Michael Feldmann story as aired in 1993/1994. Great stuff! Not just for the story itself, which has some good moments (although that Elsa can't act), but also because you can see some of the devastation that the crash caused. This is how you do a disaster story. Now they are over and done with in a month.

• Members

I wish they hadn't gotten rid of Rachel, the show needs more Sugdens.

Great tense scenes here with Michael and with Eric (although at the end of the third clip they are close to making out).

Frank and that bad wig are always good for a chuckle.

• Members

I do remember that story, although I've mostly just seen a few clips so far. He made Rachel look like the image of his ex, and then when she stupidly confronted him on a cliffside, he threw her over. I think this story was a mistake, because the actress who played Rachel might still be on the show today, and they need more Sugdens. The end of the story was when Graham, who had started to date Kathy, was in a car with Kathy and they were perched on the edge. They were going over the edge, and Eric Pollard and Biff Fowler saved her. Graham was killed in the explosion/drop. Eric was annoyed that not enough people recognized his heroism, and he sold the story to the papers. I can't remember if this was before or after Biff jilted Kathy at the altar.

The woman who played Rachel started on the show with her real life brother playing her brother on the show, Matthew. He was killed off in the late 93 plane crash (another dead Sugden relative). She said she was very guilt-ridden about staying on the show after he was fired.

EmmerdaleFarmer has put up a few more clips from 1994, including the brief story arc with Eric's first wife Eileen.

• Members

Wasn't it Marlon who helped Eric save Kathy from Graham? Biff was already gone by that point (one of the reasons he jilted Kathy was because he felt that she was more attracted to Graham than him and Kathy and Graham started a relationship after Biff left).

• Members

Have I mentioned how much Danny Miller and his Tweets make me hate him?

Not only is he pimping himself for votes for award shows and then feeding the press crap about how awards mean nothing to him, now he's Tweeted how much he hates that EastEnders gets all the press coverage it gets. Seriously, this guy is getting to be as annoying as Kym Marsh. He seems very conceited, and not in the fun way...

• Members

I guess he uses that to vent, but what he doesn't realize is that Eastenders being so high-profile is a double-edged sword. If he were on a show like Eastenders, the stories he's been given, especially the one with Jackson's paralysis, would have been flayed alive by the press and a lot of fans.

Did you see that really awful promo photo for the fire? I haven't seen such bad Photoshopping since Out of Our Asses.