Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I still find the show watchable, even if certain stories suck. IMO, the show still has something that others, like Corrie, have yet to get back.

I wish they would pace Chas' revenge better, instead of rushing through it. I'd like to see more scenes of her conflicting emotions, and trying to deal with the fact that revenge really isn't helping, but is something she feels she has to do.

Also, who exactly is that moustache man that has popped up randomly and hangs around w/ Lisa? Why so I have the strange feeling that he'll start hitting on her sooner or later.

This story with Jai/Charity/Debbie/the Dingles must be the story that TPTB said they had to put on hold when CW took maternity leave, last year.

• Members

It's so awful. This type of thing has almost never happened with a soap -- I'm not sure it ever has with a UK soap. I guess they will have to pick someone close who can implement planned stories. I feel so terrible for his loved ones, and for the cast and crew, especially since they lost Clive Hornsby only a few years ago.

I had my share of complaints about some of Blyth's decisions but there's no question that he brought acclaim and relevance and increased viewing figures to Emmerdale, after a time when many had written the show off. It's not easy for a soap to return after being dismissed as irrelevant or as played out.

It's a big loss, and just shocking, and I hope he is at peace.

• Members

RIP Gavin. He was so young and was married with three young children. They must be devastated.

I'm not completely shocked. A week ago, poster on Digital Spy said that her father had been in the hospital with Gavin who was doing quite poorly.

This reminds me of when Marland passed away. I hope that Emmerdale does not meet the same creative fate that ATWT did after losing Marland.

Edited by Ann_SS