Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Members

This drug story is rubbish. I blame the writing and the actors. The writing is so preposterous. These people live in a village. How come they know where to go score class A drugs? And Pa Barton is way too hot to end up in a prison cell... unless I'm in there with him. He really needs to dump that family of his and take up with Alicia or Faye.

Dishy Declan's ex- wife and daughter are just downright annoying. I can't believe Alicia took that insult from the ex-wife. I thought Alicia would had told her off and pull her hair out. Disappointing. Declan and Faye should hook up. Faye would tell the ex-wife where to get the hell off.

I am glad that Rhoneh got it over with and told Pearl she is pregnant\.

Bob is so weak. I don't why he doesn't tell VIv to cut it out.

Edited by Ann_SS

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I've heard people say the Holly story is better because it's realistic, but I think that it went past realism when they had Moira secretly give Holly heroin. The other problem is that her buildup into heroin was offcamera, and the girl who plays her wasn't a lot different with "happy" Holly than she has been with druggie Holly.

It seems like Emmerdale is still scarred from all the criticism for their comedy a few years ago. Another open-a-vein story is starting soon, although at least the actors should be able to carry it off.

• Members

Considering EE is a mess right now, I can see why people prefer to watch Emmerdale.

Personally, a bad episode of ED is better than a good episode of EE, as that show is all over the place - very plot focused, with a lot of unrealistic scenes, and stories that lack depth. It's still watchable, just generally not very good.

This Viv plot is a bit meh, and Bob really needs to grow a pair, and Hazel continues to annoy, but I'm learning to tolerate her. The juries still out on Ella & Mia, as they seem to be drifting between not quite being bitchy snobs (Kim Tate, Lady Tara) and not quite down-to-earth (Natasha Wylde), so they never really create much of an impact.

I hope the upcoming Eric & Val story is handled well, especially as it's rooted in his history, dating back to the 1993 plane crash and the death of his wife, Elizabeth.

• Members

Although I think that Aaron and Jackson's reunion happened too quickly and isn't realistic, their reunion scenes were very sweet yesterday.

I like Hazel, but she really needs to stay out of Aaron and Jackson's relationship. She may not want Jackson to be alone, but hounding Aaron who has major doubts isn't the way to go there.

• Members

Here are my thoughts on Emmerdale.

Its gone from one of its best years to its dullest in my opinion. Either i aint making a connection or nothing on the show is interesting me. I know Gavin Blyth passed away but i still have a right to express an opinion. The Carl/Chas/Eve story is really the only story worth watching. Everything else is just awful. Why arent Cain & Charity getting more screen time ? Where's Victoria ? Why Are The Bartons getting Too much screentime ? Whos running Home Farm ? Emmerdale needs sorting out and hopefully the new producer can get to work. Also glad Kelly Windsor is coming back.

Characters I Love

- Alan , Victoria , Lisa , Marlon , Cain , Charity , Katie , Chas , Debbie , Carl , Jimmy , Scarlett & The Bartons

Characters I Dislike

- Viv , Edna , Rhona , Sandy & Declan

Characters I Bring Back

- Nathan , Shadrach , Daz , Jasmine , Robert , Donna , Matthew , Shane , Jack , Tom , Sadie , Zoe , Seth , Kim , Amos & Joe

• Members

This is old news, but I was searching if Volume 3 of Emmerdale Farm had been released and someone on Digital Spy stated, through an email he/she had received, that there were no plans of doing so. Just completely and utterly disappointing to hear. Those first 52 episodes were such treasures.

Have any of the other soaps come out with seasonal DVD's where the episodes are consecutive?

Edited by Amello