Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The interview with Amanda was pure class. She had such wonderful comments to make and you can see how much effort she put into the role, to the point of even staying longer just to make sure the story was done justice. I'm really going to miss her.

• Members

That seems very bizarre and also disappointing. I guess it's a good reminder that just because someone acts in a pro-gay storyline, it doesn't necessarily translate.

It's a shame because I think Adam Thomas is one of the only young people Blyth has brought in who can act, and I had wanted to see more of his character, but this type of thing just brings bad PR.

• Members

How awesome was last night's episode?

That's got to be the best ep I've seen of ED this year, and a big reason why this show is great. Even when it dips in quality for a few eps, they'll surprise you with a brilliant climax to a long running story. The acting was on fire from all concerned, and I was surprised that that kid (Will) can do real tears (kids can be a bit dodgy with this kind of stuff). Amanda was an asset to the show, and her and Natasha will be missed.

I knew it had to be drastic for Natasha to crack and 'fess up, b/c Natasha has kept that secret for so long, that her own fear would never have let her speak up. Maisie wanting to bash Nathan's brains in, and refusing to believe that her Mum was the killer, were tense and surprising - I really think she would've done it too, and Cain would've let her. I don't think I could've made the choice that Maisie did, and shop my mother to the cops, but I guess if Natasha had been staying, she wouldn't of. I'm glad she reminded Maisie that she'll have to live with that decision for the rest of her life. Also liked how nasty Nathan showed that no matter how vile he can be, he just wanted his Mum to stay safe and out of prison, even to the end, he was begging for her to skip the country. That last scene of Natasha walking out to the cops, in the middle of nowhere, was very cinematic, and reminded me of a scene from an old movie.

The Wyldes have been a big part of the show for a long time, and even though I'm new to them, I'm seriously gonna miss them when they eventually all leave. (I know that's not what I said in the beginning...)

Elsewhere... I'm liking the Jai/Charity partnership, and sort of liking the Paddy/Rhona/Marlon triangle, even though something is lacking from it. Still not that fussed about Chas/Carl/Eve, but maybe that'll change once the truth comes out. I'm glad they're taking the drugs story a little further, as it feels more real now that they're putting Holly on methadone.

As for Aaron/Jackson, I don't think they have the guts to make Jackson a paraplegic, considering it will be very limiting in story terms, and a tad too depressing. Plus, I'm not buying the whole love story that these two have going on, so that sorts of taints it all. Maybe it would've be better if Jackson had died?

• Members

Such a great episode on Wednesday. And the ending was practically cinematic in how it looked. I'm shocked they had Will there for the whole thing, but am happy they did. Still, I would have went much bigger for the reveal. Oh well.

This show is going to feel so empty once all the Wydles are gone. They better have something [!@#$%^&*] awesome planned because the current Aaron plot is a massive, massive fail. This Carl cheating story is terrible and out of character, AND the drugs plot, though well written, was given to actors who can't match the material.

Hopefully the Macey family and Debbie's return will kick things into high gear.

I still don't know how I feel with this Rhona plot.

• Members

I haven't watched yet -- I do love the Wyldes but it's been tough to get back into the show. I have to admit that a part of me is in some way offended by the Jackson story. To cripple someone solely to make us weep for the guy who doesn't love him and who hit him -- come on! To not ever actually show us any of this relationship or develop Jackson, but to constantly make his devastating pain all about how Aaron suffers, is so cynical and depressing and shallow. It's like a modern version of the dying girlfriend of the month on Bonanza, and at least that show had more of an excuse.

I'm glad you're posting more Ben, I always look forward to what you have to say.

• Members

It is so nice to finally see so much Victoria. I hope this Amy storyline actually goes somewhere for Victoria and she isn't just being used to prop this chick.

Whenever I see Viv now I just get sad. There are so many other people on this show I would have swiftly given the boot to before her.

DAVID! It felt like I hadn't seen him in awhile. So, so pretty ...

Edited by Amello

• Members

Tonight was super great. Lucy Pargeter was so heartbreaking. Her and Emma Atkins have some of the best friendship chemistry I have ever seen. I love how Chas was saying that Charity was the calculating one and she was the one who lays it all out on the table. Carl, you got to watch this episode soon.

However, if they start to build some weird romance with Viv/Rodney just before she leaves/is killed off, I'm to be super pissed.