Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Members

This is terrible news. Eve (because of Suzanne Shaw) had the potential to be one of Emmerdale's great characters. I have always thought they should have paired her with Nathan. Them vs. the village (the world) kind of deal. Edna's part would be truly interesting, if done correctly. Sad.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That's what I thought about Declan, but wasn't sure if he showed a nastier side before I started watching. I liked the old Declan best. This one is not right.

They made a point of bringing on his family, but I've yet to see the point, especially in the father, who is horrid. He's been pointless so far, and barely airs, and they haven't even bothered to delve into why Declan and his Dad don't like each other. What is the point?

Ella hasn't aired much at all, but when she does it's always with a glass in her hand. She's still a bore.

I don't mind the new farm boy, as he's a love interest for Victoria, so that's OK.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I'm glad he's gone but the stupid decision that created him in the first place is still there. The show continues to fail horribly at bringing in new characters. I saw a comment at DS praising this decision because it was getting rid of someone who had no story, but why didn't he have a story? Because the show slapped this awful family together as quickly as possible. They either refuse to write for new characters, or when they do, it's garbage (anything with Leyla's sister). Poor Nikhil is on the show only to be laughed at, the latest being the derision heaped on him by the brain-dead and whorish Barbie, Katie. Why is she even on the show? At this point you could dump about 3/4 of the cast and it wouldn't matter...

• Members

This has been going on for quite a while and has gotten worse and worse. While I agree with some of the praise for Blyth, he was the one who took away the sense of community and replaced it with this cold and empty place. Once the shock value stories wore off, nothing was left. So many stories are just prolonged misery.

• Members

Botox Barbie's boyfriend, the evil cop Nick, took her hostage. Andy, who was a suspect in the fire, saved her. Andy is now dating Leyla's sister Alicia, who is stealing money from the Woolpack to help pay for nice things for her beloved son "J-Cup."

Val's ward, Amy, still looks like she's 50, but is still passed off as 17. She had cheap sex with Cain after he split from Charity. She really wants David, who encourages her, as he doesn't realize how she feels about him.

Declan is now a power-mad monster who wants to buy up everything. He is feuding with John Barton. John has driven his son Adam away through overwork and demanding behavior. Adam is or was dating Declan's boring and pointless daughter, and is now nailing Declan's boring and pointless wife, Ella. Declan's boring and pointless father, Dermot, is being dumped by producers like the bad smell that he is.

Hannah Barton feels overlooked, as always, and had cheap sex with a skinhead farmhand who washed his hands of her as soon as he got some.

Chas owns half of the Woolpack.

Kelly Windsor hit Jimmy over the head. He no longer remembered his life with Nicola, or their child. Kelly passed a little boy off as her son with Jimmy. This went on for a while, but Jimmy is finally getting his memory back.

Debbie's boyfriend has a secret. Cain and Charity split up yet again and now she is with Jai. Jai fired Faye because of her interference in these games. Faye left town. Cain burgled Jai's home and Ryan became a suspect. A disgusted Ryan left town after he was cleared. Gennie wants Nikhil but can't tell him.

When Lisa realized Derek was going to rape Lizzie, she finally went to the police. It doesn't look good for her, but the trial has started.

• Members

For those that have a The Box account, someone has started uploading the show from the DVD volumes, starting with episode 3, however, they are not (Free), so you have to make sure to seed. For those that didn't get to watch all 52 episodes that were uploaded to YouTube, the user is only at episode 8 so far.

Edited by Amello