Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yes, the Doug / Leyla bit made me happy to see. So did Priya exclaiming that Leyla was her best friend and her glee that they would be sisters. I wish there could be more. I, too, thought Leyla's close friendship with Gennie should have been mentioned more. Leyla is one of those characters that I just want to see the most out of. They should have had Chas bond more with Vanessa/Leyla when Katie died. Especially considering Chas no longer has any true friends. I wish they'd also have something between Leyla and Laurel in regards to Doug.

• Members

Please boy if that's what we doing then we sharing Ross.

Mine would be Ross, Kirin, and Pete.....we can swap Nikhal/Ross every once in a while boo....:P

Why is this Brenda trick so stupid...Jesus now I know why Val was so mean with this dim girl....

Edited by ThePrinceOfSunspear

• Members

Over and over Aaron's abuse story veers into melodrama over character. I remember the self-harm story, the first one, which managed to show Chas desperately trying to do the right thing for Aaron, and managing to do so.

This time around, Chas has repeatedly done the worst thing, because she can only think about what she's feeling. And I know it will amount to absolutely nothing, because this is how any relationship Aaron has had in his return stint has been written. Melodrama, accusations, promptly papered over until its time for the next. 

The show just doesn't have the ability to do this type of material justice. It's too tempting to go wild. It's incredibly sad that among the few strong scenes in this storyline are scenes that involve only Cain and no one else. I guess that's because the show actually bothers to give him a characterization beyond crying or yelling. 

• Members

Jacob is adorable. He's going to be a heart breaker. Leyla going on about how Jacob would be married before her was amusing.

If Liv and/or Sandra are regulars (I'm truly not aware either or) Liv giving Gabi a run for her money should be entertaining. Though, it's an odd decision to call her Liv, when her Dad's last name is Livesy. I know she probably ever won't be using that last name, but it's still strange.

David showing the fools at Home Farm what it actually means to be a good parent made me so proud.  The writing for Lachlan, especially, continues to make me completely uncomfortable.