Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Oh Kirin! He handled this entire situation so wrong. I've never seen a character become undone in an episode like Kirin has. Watching him dismantle his relationship with Vanessa and Johnny was painful to watch. The same thing that he accused Rakesh of being previous weeks, he had become. Kind of poetic justice if you think about it. Then for him to not take his dad's advice and to just run was hard. 

I am over Belle and the Dingles whining over Zak choosing Joanie. Get over it. I didn't feel bad for Zak though when he was upset over learning about Aaron's past coming out. There's nothing he could do anyways. 

:P at David coming back sunburned and with that hideous 'man bun.' I need him to chop his hair off again and never wear that mess again. It was hideous even for a sexy being like him.

• Members

I was really a bit disgusted at Belle using Aaron's sexual abuse to score points. That family is so toxic now.

Kirin's exit was so quick I do wonder if Adam surprised them by quitting. Either that or it's just the usual poor pacing. Stuff like how they dropped his relationship with Belle makes me wonder.

• Members

Zoe Henry was absolutely terrific in the double bill (a rare example of what a double bill should be - NOT the shooting or car crash of the week), with some cracking and wickedly bitter one-liners to say. Putting this in the same episodes as Zak/Lisa/Joanie just underscores why that story doesn't work for me - it feels small stakes and juvenile and diminishes everyone involved (Joanie in particular seems like a silly idiot, not the mature woman we saw last year). 

I can't help noticing that with Jai back and Leyla clearly still in love with him (ugh), they're transitioning her style to be much more severe and dark. I guess they can get away with the different styles because Roxy looks good in anything.

It was great seeing her with Doug again, however briefly, and saying he's the father she wanted. Warms my heart.

• Members

@DRW50, come hold me. I am so distraught over Nikhil leaving the village tonight. Can he ever win? Ever?!!!

The breakup scene with Leyla broke my heart as I knew it needed to be done and was right, but for once, I wanted Nikhil to win! Just once! Leyla is a fool for giving Nikhil up. That fine, sexy, sensitive man.... Oh the things I would (and could) do with him. :ph34r:

I am gonna miss all that sexiness!! :(

Please register in order to view this content

Moving on, why is Chas trying to get Robert in more trouble? One second, she hates him and demonizes him for supposedly killing Katie but the next second, she begs him to do dirty work for her. No, bitch. Go get Cain to do your bidding. I hate how Rob feels obligated (b/c of Aaron) to help Chas out. Ugh!

Rhona was the star again. When she went to Tess' grave, crumbled up Leo's pic to her, and then proceeded to step on a flower on her grave, I hollered! Rhona had me laughing. I think had Pierce not came a second sooner, she would've probably spat on Tess' grave and shouted expletives at her, but who could blame her if she did? I am loving how she is paying Paddy dust and making his life hell. @MichaelGL, as we were saying earlier, this story so has so many similarities as Ed/Maureen's affair story, but as I said, it ended correctly as the mistress died instead of the wife. I would've loved for Lillian to have died over Maureen, and for Maureen to make Ed's life hell, but oh well. At least Rhona is fulfilling that fantasy for now. 

• Members

I thought he was leaving next week, so I was a little thrown. I guess at least he left with dignity intact, and Leyla wasn't trashed to justify his leaving. I was so afraid she'd have sex with Jai and he'd catch them. I am hoping that Kate Oates not rushing a Leyla/Jai reunion means the new producer might not go there. 

I'm not sure if you saw this but it's a pretty good interview with Rik about his plans. 

http://metro.co.uk/2016/02/19/nikhil-sharma-actor-rik-makarem-talks-leaving-emmerdale-his-unique-new-project-and-his-unusual-habit-5703708/

I saw this on Digital Spy (nice to know that sh!thole is good for something).

So did you enjoy the Doug/Leyla scene (brief as it was)?