Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Members

Oh my at Gordon's comedy fall in court :ph34r:  Between that and Chas shrieking I just cringed, rather than being upset. This story is a great example of why modern soaps should not tackle serious issues. They always put stunts and shock above anything else.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I didn't mind Gordon pulling a desperate stunt like he did, but I agree with you about the shrieking. Belle being there to have a randomly forced line or two was something out of Corrie.

I wish they would give Charity a true friendship with someone. A relationship that isn't toxic in some way. Someone unexpected like Sandy could be gold. Or maybe I just really love Sandy.

Edited by Bright Eyes

• Members

@DRW50, did you enjoy the Laurel/Ashley wedding? I thought it was cute and I was touched to see Harriet step up and perform the ceremony. That showed real character growth tonight.

Olivia (Aaron's sister) helping out Gordon is just icky. I am not shocked that the writers went this route. I somewhat predicted it while watching the other day. 

Andy and Chrissie are just gross. I don't find this coupling to be appealing at all. I did find the scene where Sam saw naked to be the only funny thing about their scenes. 

The ending broke my heart but I should've known it was gonna happen. At least Ashley's final thoughts were at an all-time high. I wanted to cry for Laurel. 

• Members

I thought the end was a bit melodramatic, but John Middleton was wonderful, and it did break my heart. I'm glad they had so many positive things beforehand, and a happy wedding. I felt awful for Harriet having to marry them, but at least it gave her some closure. Bob's presence reminded me that he was in love with her for about 3 weeks. I'm so glad that was dropped. 

I loved Kerry accusing her of sabotaging the wedding, and seeing Kerry grinding in the background, and so on. She's such a fun character. 

That vicar, Ben, is hot. I hope they keep him around.

I can't stand Joanie and Zak as a couple and I'm tired of seeing them together. I desperately want Rhona and Paddy to split, and they don't, but Zak and his side piece are now shackled. Ugh. 

I couldn't really watch any of the Andy/Chrissie or Liv spy stuff. I'm so uncomfortable with how they've handled Aaron's story.

• Members

Thanks for sharing that video!

I thought vicar Ben was hot too. I hope he sticks around too. 

It's killing me to know that John Middleton/Ashley's time is winding down. Question, was it his decision to leave? IDK how I am gonna cope w/o Ashley being there. Emmerdale always kills off my faves. Carl and now Ashley.... *sighs* 

I actually like Joanie and Zak. :ph34r: I just hate that they give a f-ck about what the other villagers say. Especially, the Dingles. I wish that Joanie would stop being so apologetic. 

I am loving Kerry too. She's one of the bright spots on this show. Just pure comedy. She's made me grow to like Dan, who I didn't care for in the beginning b/c he was part of that dreadful Spencer clan.  

Edited by Nothin'ButAttitude

• Members

The person who uploaded a lot of January-March 1991 episodes on Youtube gave me one that they didn't get to upload. You get to see poor Archie's mother (I loved Archie - I wish they hadn't killed him), and you get to see more of the depressing pregnancy/abortion story for Dolly that made Jean Rogers quit.

• Members

I think the story has become more about shock value than it is about a young man having been molested. Honestly, I wish that they would've not given this story to Aaron and just left his history as it was. Aaron is long overdue a happy story. I would've just preferred a story consisting of Robert/Aaron growing close and Chas still protesting it b/c of the Katie incident.

• Members

Ever since they tried to make viewers think that Aaron might have convinced himself he'd been sexually abused, I checked out mentally. The Liv stuff just feels like extra angst and misery. The new producer claims that Aaron will be happier after this, but I wonder if that just means he'll be offcamera. 

I wish they'd let Chas have her own life and get her into other stories. The writing for her with Aaron this past year has been so herky-jerky and plotty.

• Members

The Ashley and Laurel material on Monday was by far the best I can remember in the story so far, other than the episode where he got his diagnosis. The painful reality of his illness and how it crushed Laurel...Sandy and Doug trying to support her as best they could...Harriet putting aside her own pain to go along with what helped Ashley. Good material, full of heart and honesty. Rare on Emmerdale now.

• Members

Yaaaasssss, Rhona! Give Paddy's lard ass the boot!

Zoe Henry delivered tonight. I only wish that she would've bust Paddy's head to the white meat after he had the gall to plead with her to go away to Paris--the same location he wanted to runaway with Tess too. Paddy is a low down, dirty dog! 

Now I need Rhona to screw the hell out of Pierce in vengeance. 

Good to see Cain screw over Ross/Charity in their recent scam. I hope this is the start of many times Cain foils their plans for fast cash. 

Belle annoys me. Seriously. Watching her moan and groan over Lisa considering selling that shack they live in along with Zak having moved on irks my nerves. 

The scene with Daniel/Laurel/Ashley tugged at my heartstrings. It only got worse when Laurel realized that Ashley was lying about remembering the wedding to ease Laurel's apprehension. Just too painful.