Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Members

I don't think people know about his past at all except for Bernice and I think Robert. From what I've collected from tonight's episode, it seems like Chrissie just learned her damn self. 

@DRW50 how did you feel about the discussion between Chrissie and Lawrence tonight? 

That aside, I am over Lawrence OK'ing his daughter and grandson's actions. Bernice should've slapped the tar out of Chrissie for being the one to film her in the shower. 

Poor Pearl. I hate how she has to suffer b/c of Rhona and Paddy's actions. Glad that they placed her at Edna's house with Harriet. I wonder if they are going to finally address that happened to Edna or just have her live offscreen for good.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Bernice handled it better than most would have. Chrissie is pathetic. She's a child, and that's on Lawrence. Louise Marwood didn't seem to be able to handle the material - she just goes back to shouting and whining way too much. If Chrissie were more likeable I wouldn't care, but she isn't, so I do.

The scenes had their moments, but the show's refusal to clarify Lawrence's sexuality means it has no real impact, and instead comes across as offensive. Is he gay? Is he asexual? Does the show think they're the same thing? Why is the show so afraid to talk about sexuality when they're the ones who wrote these stories in the first place?

I think they will likely kill Edna offscreen and have a service for her. They're probably just waiting.

• Members

For anyone who watches the classic episodes - I'm trying to upload what of 1996 I have, but I'm missing most of March and April. You can find the Susie/Emma/Zoe portions of those episodes starting here:

Susie was a lot of fun. It's a shame she didn't stay longer.

• Members

@DRW50 & @Bright Eyes, did you enjoy tonight's scenes with Rhona/Paddy/Marlon? So funny how this story started off weird and is becoming so well. It is all because of the great acting of Zoe Henry. I swear this story reminds me so much of Maureen/Ed on Guiding Light and how it should've ended (as I've said before). I just enjoy watching Rhona take Paddy through the wringer along with the emotional toll it is taking on her. 

I loved Priya's hen party with Leyla, Harriet, David, and Kerry. It was funny when Kerry tried getting David to be the stripper, and Leyla and Priya both took at jab at David's supposed 'shortcomings.' I would've still been happy to see him glistening in baby oil. 

• Members

Zoe Henry has been brilliant at spitting out the snarky, wounding one-liners to Paddy. Long may it continue. 

I don't understand what they're doing with Leyla. One minute she's all set to marry Nikhil, and now she's swooning over Jai again. Has she been lobotomised? And has Jai really changed or is he still a snake?

• Members

She only wanted to marry Nikhil because it was the "right" thing to do. Sadly, her feelings for Jai have been horribly consistent. If Rik had wanted to stay I do wonder if she would have fallen for Nikhil.

Edited by DRW50