Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

My head nearly exploded at Nikhil and Kirin's scene together. That's too much hotness in one scene to handle. I REALLY love Kirin's story. It's all about feelings, thoughts, fears, determination, all kinds of wonderful, conflicting emotions, and it's beautiful. Leyla and Nikhil were a lot of fun too. I don't get the feeling Leyla genuinely likes him; I think she's very impressed by his efforts and is telling herself she should like him... we'll see.

Tracy, Carly and Finn were SO much fun, and it was nice seeing that nasty Duncan get fcked over. I hope he doesn't make them pay for this, though.

Robert and Aaron. Well, what can I say. Beautiful.

• Members

I feel like David and Leyla are going to get closer again because of Jacob, and sensing their connection, Nikhil will gracefully bow out of both their lives so they can get together. Or they will go the betrayal root of David and Leyla cheating on him. That will be devastating if that's the case.

• Members

I tend to think she's going to sleep with Jai again, as she's never stopped loving Jai. I'd prefer David and Leyla get back together, as I always liked them as a couple, but if they go the cheating route it would just ruin the characters.

I'm hoping they won't have Leyla do any cheating. It's become way too overused and poorly written. Joanie fell in love with Zak in a week.

• Members

I've submitted my top 20 as well. I started watching the show with James Sutton's first episode in 2009, following him Hollyoaks. I've also seen the first 50 odd episodes, and other favourites come from watching episodes/clips, mostly from the early 2000s ... with Kim Tate being an entity unto herself. Of course, there are countless others I wish I could include, and I'm sure I'll debate with myself about who I wish I had and/or hadn't included, but c'est la vie!

My top 20!

1. Kim Tate
2. Steph Stokes
3. Zoe Tate
4. Charity Dingle
5. Annie Sugden
6. Robert Sugden
7. Betty Eagleton
8. Viv Windsor
9. Bernice Blackstock
10. Carl King
11. David Metcalfe
12. Scott Windsor
13. Sandy Thomas 
14. Edna Birch
15. Leyla Harding
16. Emily Kirk
17. Nikhil Sharma
18. Andy Sugden
19. Janie Blakey
20. Amos Brearly

Edited by Bright Eyes

• Members

This was my 20. I had a hard time knowing who to put and there were some I probably should have but didn't in the end, like Ashley. 

1. Kim Tate 
2. Annie Sugden
3. Jack Sugden
4. Carl King
5. Robert Sugden
6. Viv Hope
7. Zoe Tate
8. Chris Tate
9. Edna Birch 
10. Alan Turner
11. Val Lambert
12. Steph Stokes
13. Bernice Blackstock
14. Charity Tate
15. Henry Wilks
16. Amos Brearly 
17. Tina Dingle 
18. Diane Sugden
19. Terry Woods
20. Matt Skilbeck

• Members

The baby story has done a lot for Kirin and Vanessa. It's grounded them and made me care a lot about them both - they also feel less superfluous to the canvas. 

Kirin is so classically beautiful, when he's in scenes alone with men like Adam, Ross, or Nikhil, it's just screen-blinding perfection. It's like seeing the sun.

• Members

LOL @ all the Kirin love...he deserves it. Interesting theory re David and Leyla. I can see that happening but I'd rather Leyla be loyal to her sister and not go down the cheating path again. Let her find some happiness with Nikhil....

Robert calling himself Aaaron's boyfriend/partner at the hospital was SO touching I nearly bawled. While I'm still on the fence about him as a character given all the Katie stuff I have to admit that there's something "different" about him. Granted I haven't watched in a while but he seems a lot more vulnerable/open these days. Like there's no hidden agenda or something that makes me doubt his sincerity when he's talking to or about Aaron...I don't know when it happened but it is quite interesting. 

That being said the horrible things he said to Aaron way back when were sort of unforgivable in my book. I don't think I could let him back in after that...

• Members

Genuinely disgusted by this tweet:

I was wary last week and that's gone up about a million now. 

Rather than sending a message about how manipulative abusers can be, they are instead trying to create a mystery about whether or not Aaron was sexually abused by his father. Not just in a tweet, but in the episode tonight as well.

Sexual abuse should not be used for ambiguity in this type of plotline. This is a soap with a very well known (for Emmerdale anyway) character. This story was an opportunity to explore abuse and to get people who have been abused to seek help.

This is telling them they are right to stay silent. 

I'm really upset with this.