Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Members

I agree with that. I barely watch any other soap at this point. I am trying to enjoy some parts because I know it's likely going to get a lot worse with a new producer. I do think Kate Oates genuinely cares about the show. I just don't like agendas, so that bothered me on Friday.

Edited by DRW50

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I just learned today of Shirley Stelfox's death, and I must admit, I never saw her on Emmerdale (mainly because I've only really watched stuff from the Farm years), but I loved her on Keeping Up Appearances, and I'm glad she was able to stay busy with ED up until the end. Hopefully they remember her and her character well.

• Members

I can't conjure up any feeling for Aaron doing harm to himself. At this point, I want him to do enough pain to himself that he dies b/c he annoys me to no end. This character stays moody constantly. 

Glad that Ross came to his good sense and went and got his son but it's obvious he won't be able to handle him alone. He'll most likely give the child back to Moira and Cain. I do hope though that before it gets to that point that Emma intercepts him. Ross needs to get over his crushed ego and hand Moses over Emma if he isn't able to handle him. 

Why isn't Kirin's sexy self penetrating some young thing in the village? That is too much hunk to be wasted and sniffing around Vanessa's sleazy ass. 

• Members

After what he did with Belle I think he's probably keeping to self-service. Judging by the way he fills out his jeans, it's a lot of self to serve...

I care about Aaron more this time around because I think Danny Miller's acting has improved a great deal, but I'm tired of these exploitive misery stories that are on a damn loop. These are serious issues and are not treated as such. Doug Marland would weep. 

• Members

I think I might need to pay attention as to how he fills his jeans out for now on. Thanks for pointing that out. :P

I'm over the misery stories too. While I love KO's Emmerdale, I need at least one light story. Give me ONE. A young romance. Something comedic. Something! It's all misery across the board and I cannot take it. Especially, not during Winter months when we are all naturally depressed anyways.

• Members

I think it's because she's wrapping her tenure up, but I do think it's too much. Last year at this time there was fun with Kerry and Dan, and David and Alicia, among others. Now it's mostly just...nobody, really. I just think these stories are not appropriate unless taken seriously. They don't even put warnings when they have Aaron self-harming. It's like, "Oh that's just Aaron." Come on.

• Members

I keep thinking the new producer will write out Finn. I hope not. He's the one who keeps me caring about the Bartons these days...and his relationship with Ross. 

They had the potential for a soapy, lively story with the Aaron and Robert affair. It's like they can't resist the misery even when it's detrimental. And with the new producer being from HO I'm worried they will go full Ste.

• Members

Now you know the new producer from HO is gonna go full campy with this show. Given Robert/Aaron's past and the popularity of Brendon/Ste in the past, he might try and emulate the same story on here. 

I hope Finn isn't written out. He's one of the few characters I love on the show. I like him being the voice of reason; however, he needs a story out of his family. I loved his friendship with Val and wish they'd gravitate him towards either Diane or Eric to fill that void but whatever. Plus, he needs a lover. Finn is another one that needs to be penetrating (or getting penetrated) in the village. 

• Members

Thanks for subscribing. I had a feeling it would happen, as I got 2 strikes for Coronation Street. I should have taken the rest down but decided it wasn't worth it. I don't know why they get upset, as I don't upload new episodes, but that's up to them I guess. It's a great way to chase off viewers though...

I remember even some "Robron" fans were saying that Finn also having a boyfriend was "too much." What they didn't realize is that selective homophobia is no better than outright homophobia.

• Members

1) Thanks to everyone who's posting episodes of Emmerdale. I've been absent lately cuz of other stuff but hoping to get back into it. 

2) Looks like Vanessa will finally be rid of Dumas Adam as the father soon. Thank you Jesus

3) I don't care one fig bout poor baby Aaron hurting himself yet again. As your boy Robert would say...."ITS PATHETIC". Isn't this like the 5th in like 1.5 years? I'm so over it. him and Chas

4) The show is so much better with Debbie's shadows completely gone! Now my baby Ross can focus on me