Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Members

With a Hollyoaks producer on the way I'm expecting the worst for Robert, although I hope I'm wrong. I have a feeling the only reason they have humanized him somewhat is due to him being more popular than expected, so I hope that continues.

Great to see Nikhil in his lycra again, although we needed some shots of his ass. 

I'm just watching through now and of course it's a soap, but Chas not seeing Aaron is obviously in great physical pain is baffling. Oh well. They've done a number on her.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Oh I hope they don't revert Robert back to being a monster. I am over it. I like this Robert. I am over unhinged Robert. He can be an occasional screwup but not some deranged maniac. 

Yes at we need more Nikhil butt shots. I just want full body shots with him. Rik Makaraem is so damn sexy....

Chas is wrapped up in Gordon, which is why I think she has not noticed Aaron being in pain. 

I think last night's episode was good.

• Members

I just hate how weak they've made Chas lately. I wish the character was a bit more like she used to be, more self-aware. Oh well...

I don't know if you've ever seen any photos of it but Rik Makarem played a gay man in some play called Passing By. There are a lot of photos around, and I think a short video. If he did this with David I'd probably pay a few bucks. 

http://andrewkeates.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/PassByProductionTBT-084.jpg

• Members

Even now there are so few openly gay actors on soaps. It's odd.

You were right - the episode was good.

I hope this is rock bottom for Aaron and he can get more positive material. 

I really enjoy that whole group with Leyla, Carly, Tracy, Finn (when he's around...), David, etc. They help balance out the show so much. I hope the new producer won't see them as a waste compared to the overused Dingles.

I'm also kind of starting to wish they'd split Moira and Cain.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I am OK with Moira and Cain splitting as long as he is not tossed in the same orbit as Charity. The pairing needs to be remain dead. Never revived. Bad enough they are committing incest, which bothers me, but them being a toxic pairing makes it worse. 

I think we can assume the worst that the new EP will probably want to center the show around Ross and the Dingles. I feel like this generation of EPs care more about shock-value than compelling storytelling. Kate Oates provided a fine balance, hence why I like her. 

• Members

I agree about Charity and Cain. It's just a lazy pairing at this point. I mostly just want something fresh for Moira. Hell, maybe someone like Rakesh.

The Dingles feel very depleted. Of the younger group only Aaron and Belle get stories, and they have run Aaron into the ground, while Belle can't really carry major material. I'm very wary of where they will take Charity, and Chas needs a lot of repair work. I like Sam, and Marlon, but they can't carry major story. If they want to keep the Dingles around that much I'd say it's time to recast Tina Dingle, and maybe give her a kid with Frank Tate.

Of course I don't want a ton of new characters driving story, like on Hollyoaks or Eastenders, but I do understand they need some new blood. But it shouldn't be at the expense of the rich, underused B or C-players.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I'm quite happy with less Dingles. That family has infected the show for far too long.

I know it's probably completely unrealistic, but I would rather have them bring back Sam Skilbeck, with the added bonus of visits from Matt and/or Dolly. Another alternative would be to bring in a younger character (mid 20s) and make him/her the child of Sandie Merrick (Robert's half-sister).

• Members

Did my baby (Mike Parr) win anything @TimWil?! 

I'd just rather the Dingles just go away. We don't need anymore. Sam is the only one I really like. Some are OK but I can do without many of them. 

I don't want new characters either. I'd rather them bring back establishing characters. I wish they'd bring back my Sadie. Oh how I miss her!

Edited by Nothin'ButAttitude