Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I get more and more depressed as the clock ticks for Ashley to leave the village. It's gonna be so odd w/o him being there. 

Vanessa is such a tramp, but I am glad that this paternity crap is getting cleaned up. At least on Adam's behalf. I like him and Victoria together and this would provide them with a fresh start. It's time for Victoria to start popping out a new generation of Sugdens b/c I am over Andy breeding with that slag, Debbie, and Robert is too much of a free-spirit to be strapped with kids yet. 

• Members

Other than the Paddy story, which is sleazy and pathetic, I thought this was the best episode in a while. Sandy is breaking my heart, but I also laughed when he was hiding from Doug. Vanessa/Adam/Victoria and the baby news is so poignant to me - Adam is so happy and Vanessa was starting to feel content, and now the rug is yanked away. Nikhil is obviously head over heels for Leyla - it's adorable (yet sad because you know it won't end well at all). And Pete and Moira were surprisingly fun together, even if that will likely end horribly as well.

• Members

I am on the fence with Pete/Moira. I don't want any more affairs in the foreseeable future. If this is gonna happen, I'd prefer it be slow-burning for years. Gravitate them in each other's orbits from time to time to remind the audience of their chemistry and build them up as friends but nothing more. In about a year or two then pull the trigger. Now? Not so much. It's too much going on at the moment. 

I am glad that Anthony Quinlan is fleshing out more and more during his time on this show. This role has been a blessing b/c I didn't care for him on HO for the few times I've watched it. 

• Members

I am sorry but I wanted Moira or Victoria to snatch Vanessa bald when she had the gall to scream at Adam, who is clearly aching over losing Johnny. Had she kept her legs closed, no one would be in this predicament. 

Belle, Lisa, and Cain's venom towards Zak annoys me. Like get over it. I know that he's in the doghouse and deserves some heat but enough. Lisa should've view this as a blessing if anything. 

Kirin and Rakesh's scenes were good. A good nod to their own personal history. 

• Members

Sadly I think this with Pete and Moira is just being done to push Cain/Charity and to remind us Pete is not morally superior to Ross (I get the feeling the show has some regrets over the writing for him in recent months and are doing damage control by taking it out on other male characters in his age range). If they actually bothered to write for a long-term story with Pete and Moira, it would work. Long-term stories and Emmerdale are not friends these days.