Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

WTF? What was the point of Finn calling the police so Pete can be hauled off? So he'd be out of Moira's orbit for a few day? This didn't make sense. Why not leave the village like Debbie did?

Lisa having an angina attack when a man coming onto her was ridiculous. Her reaction of not wanting to start over was even more crazy. Woman, move on....

I so forgot that Kelly and Jimmy had a son. Not shocked that they chose for Nicola to feel uncomfortable over it but whatever. I'm interested to see what comes of this. 

• Members

The Pete exit was shockingly rushed. There was no reason for all that to take place in one episode. I wonder if Anthony Quinlan wasn't going to be available. They have rushed a lot of stuff lately. I think it's because Kate Oates wants some of her work wrapped up. If so it's selfish IMO. The idea of Pete lashing out because of mental trauma and such makes sense but not wrapped up in one episode. And I feel like it was, like the Robert NYE stuff, also the show's way to remind us that Ross is "better" than they are, after the show had him go so far off the rails last year. It's all just clumsy. It's too bad, because the scene where Cain threatened Pete was very good - a lot like the old Cain.

I wish Moira would tell all those men to stop blaming her for their issues. 

James continues to be useless as a father...

Lisa was raped, so I could see that also being why she was upset with that man. I wish they'd mentioned that. 

Elliot seems like a nice kid. It's good to have more non-bratty kids on the show.

• Members

Chas and Gordon are cute together. Glad to see Chas be happy again; however, I am trying to figure out how Aaron figured out where they were. I thought he was following Paddy? 

Paddy is becoming grosser as the days pass. I don't like how he's allowing Pearl to take flack when she's innocent and Paddy is the actual culprit as to why he and Rhona cannot adopt. He's such a weasel. I get why Aaron is mad at him, but Aaron cannot talk. He was humping Robert, who was married to Chrissie at the time, not too long ago....

Watching Adam deal with the loss of losing Johnny is painful. I am impressed that his feelings for the baby isn't dropped (like US soaps would do). He's still set in father mode and it's cute to see Victoria stick by him through it. I understand Kirin's apprehension and insecurity with losing his spot as Johnny's dad, but I felt he was such a d-ck by cutting Adam off. I don't see this going over well in the long haul. 

• Members

Chas borrowed Paddy's car. 

I'm enjoying the whole baby story with both couples and I'm glad it hasn't been dropped yet. I think that it's easy sometimes to forget (I don't mean you, BTW) Kirin is only 18, and that's an even bigger reason for irrational, petty behavior. Adam Fielding is mid-20s and looks it, and I can see why they went that route, as some idiots have said things like "Vanessa groomed Kirin," even when he doesn't look the actual age. Still, I feel like the show sort of overlooks his age now, even though it helps make more sense of his behavior. 

I thought yesterday's episode was, while somewhat dull, one of the first in a while that felt like Emmerdale, with people talking and being complex. The show has been ALL over the place for a year now and it was nice to get off that track. 

I wish they'd eased more into Robert being "nicer" now, but I guess I should take what I can get. 

I hate to say this but all of Diane's wigs look cheap. 

Adam Fielding has a Twitter now. He's a good artist.

https://twitter.com/TheAdamFielding

Mike Parr will be climbing. (not any of you of course...)

http://metro.co.uk/2016/01/19/michael-parr-to-take-a-break-from-emmerdale-to-climb-mount-everest-for-charity-5631786/

• Members

I'm so happy to see that a lot of older episodes are back on Youtube again, after several channels were taken down recently.

Including this one, the episode (1410, original airdate 7th December 1989) when Matt Skilbeck leaves Beckindale...

Edited by I Am A Swede

• Members

Oops. I must've missed that part with Chas taking Paddy's car. Makes sense. 

I get that Kirin is only 18 but still. He has to realize somewhat that Adam is hurting too and that Adam's presence won't lessen his in Johnny's life. A baby can never have too much love. 

Thanks for sharing that Adam has a Twitter now. I'll go and follow him. 

And Mike already climbs me all the time ... in my mind.:P

• Members

The fallout when Adam and Victoria returned with baby Johnny was so soapy, with accusations - and fists - flying, and characters appalled at who knew what. Loved it. Emmerdale are great at doing these story lines that ricochet across families and character groups. 

And I know I'll get flak for this, as some of you really fancy him, but I must say that Adam Fielding is easily the worst actor on the show. He is so wooden! 

• Members

He's not a good actor, to say the least, but he has his moments (he was good when Vanessa had the baby and he stayed with her). He also has a lot of chemistry with the main people in his story. For me the worst actor on the show is Chris Bisson, although he has his moments. 

• Members

@DRW50, you will love this episode! Lots of sexy Nikhil! Lots of Robert! God bless us all! 

Oh sexy Nikhil! I love how he is still a timid mess when it comes to women. I find it so adorable. Leyla is an idiot if she does not jump on that! 

:lol: at Carly and David keeping all that free booze and it not working for Carly as the delivery boy wanted someone else. It's cute, lighthearted scenes like this that I enjoy and balance out the darkness in soaps. Not everything has to be dark and dreary. 

Good to see Jacob back too. I did notice the wheels turning when Leyla suggest Jacob stay with her. It's obvious that she now wants to step into her role as mother. I think it is a bit late for that Leyla....

Gordon and Chas are cute together, but I am not gonna invest too soon. The new regime might have their asses arguing in the near future. It was adorable to see Cain play big brother/protector before somewhat welcoming Gordon back into the fold. 

Not shocked that Marlon was tossed into Tess' orbit. Maybe it was me, but I got bunny boiler teas with Tess asking Marlon all those questions about Paddy and Rhona. She is gonna use that push her agenda and get Paddy. Something about her just came off as determined. Again, maybe it is me.

Kirin....:angry: I get he is young but I still cannot get over him being nasty to Adam. By him being nasty to Adam, it makes me dislike Kirin and not be upset with Rakesh anymore. I am glad that Vanessa squashed Kirin seeking revenge on his dad for now; however, I don't think Kirin is gonna let it go. I see him allow his vengeance to driving him to destruction. 

I can't take Aaron in his 'moods,' but his scenes with Robert were so good. For once, I bought their romance. Previously, I wasn't sold but I am now. Cute to see Robert actually be humanized again and show compassion for someone. I just hope that this doesn't go left with the upcoming regime.