Coronation Street: Discussion Thread

• Members

The actress playing Yasmeen and actor playing Geoff are putting in great work. The storyline is good soap all around. 

It's such a nice contrast to basically...every other storyline, especially the year+ bore-a-thon with Gary as a baddie. 

Edited by Graham

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Thanks for sharing that! I really enjoyed Ashley back in the day, and I still haven't forgiven them for killing him off they way they did (and calling it a 50th anniversary celebration!). This is one of my favorite Corrie scenes:

I just really hated it when they paired him up as a comedy double act with that goddamn Graeme who was supposed to be the comedic god of Coronation Street but fizzled out after two or three years.

Edited by All My Shadows

• Members

Graeme would probably still be there if the actor hadn't quit. Good for him. 

I was very fond of Ashley. I still hate that they killed him off. 

Corrie is alright to me at the moment, but I don't watch a ton. British soaps are pretty bad these days. 

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

In these times you have to appreciate every little positive thing....

Apparently the current pandemic has forced Coronation Street to scrap plans for a big stunt for the show's 60th anniversary. Instead it's gonna be more of a back-to-basics situation, which even the producer, Ian McLeod, has acknowledged is more true to the original premise for the show.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-55101771

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I didn’t realize that one of classic Corrie’s best writers, Adele Rose, died at the end of 2020. She’s the one that wrote Bet and Rita’s ‘PALS?! PALS?!’ tiff (amongst many other classic episodes/scenes).

RIP to Mark Eden as well. Alan Bradley was unforgettable and that was a great era for the show.

Edited by BetterForgotten