Soap Star Plastic Sugery

• Members

Susan Lucci's doctor is among one of the best, his name is Dr Daniel Baker. She's been very judicious, smart and careful. VERY good judgment. When it comes to plastic surgery it takes two things: a great surgeon and a great patient who has thought everything out, knows what she/he wants and follows Dr's orders to the letter.

Now, Joan Collins is a very interesting case.

It is of note that Collins has always used HRT to maintain her hormone levels so she's avoided the menopausal facial aging. She's also never had yo yo weight issues, has taken care of herself and kept her face out of the sun all while being a devoted Retin A and Cellex C user, both of which are excellent for maintaining one's looks (if you can tolerate them, particularly Retin A which can be very irritating, Cellex C is usually well tolerated by most)

She MIGHT have had a full facelift in the late 80s or early 90s. It's hard to tell because she never looked 'different' and she was never out of the public eye for any sort of extended period of time.

OR she's had laser work and fillers. This is the route I would probably go with when it comes to Ms Collins. She looks great for 75 but she doesn't look 50. She doesn't look 'done'...either great plastic surgery or judicious dermatology. She's also a master of makeup, she can shadow and highlight and whatever better than Estee Lauder herself. Additionally, everything about Joan Collins is youthful: the hair (or wigs), the clothes, the jewelry, the husband and most importantly the ATTITUDE! Joan Collins has a vibrant joi de vivre about her that translates into a happiness that causes her to glow. She has absolutely aged over time, she doesn't look exactly like the Joan Collins of the 1980s, but she still reminds us of the Joan Collins we know and that is the key to looking good over time, to simply remain as you were with a slow shift over time.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was just about to say that I was surprised that no one had mentioned Mary Beth Evans. I think she looks great. When talking about aging gracefully, she was who immediately came to my mind. She looks like a normal person who just happens to be beautiful and on a soap.

• Members

I agree that John Aniston looks natural. I'm not convinced that Kristian Alfonso has had any work. Although I did read that she may have had a breast reduction. I think a acupuncture facelift is the way to go. Just look at Lindsay Wagner- she had one by acupuncture and it's the best I've ever seen.

• Members

Beth Ehlers is turning 40 and she still looks the same as she did 10 years ago! Any work done? I'm thinking no.

Crystal Chappell... perhaps a tweak here 'n there? She looks fabulous either way.

Tina Sloan... I'm guessing a nip 'n tuck, but looks awesome for her age.

It seems the female cast of GL know how to get minimal work done while the cast of B&B go crazy with it!

Y&R's Jerry Douglas looks like he's gotten all new parts. Even his hairline is fake!

DAYS' Josh Taylor will be another Jerry Douglas in 15 years. His forehead, eyebrows, eyes, hair color... ridiculous. Thaao Penghlis is a close second.

And of course the grandmothers of all scary surgery... GH's Leslie Charleson and Jacklyn Zeman, both of which look like Barbie dolls that melted in the sun.

• Members

Eileen Fulton has to have had something done, she looks good though.

Judith Chapman could use some work on her neck because during one scene I got so distracted by her neck wrinkles I thought they were talking to me.

• Members

Jack Wagner plays a lot of golf and it shows. His face is full of wrinkles and is craigy, but he still looks good. He is a lesson of the importance of using sun screen and staying out of the sun unless necessary.

Is there plastic surgery that can be done with wrinkly necks? Susan Lucci and Judith Chapman's necks are pretty wrinkled compared to their stretched faces.

Archived