Soap Star Plastic Sugery

• Members

Catherine Zeta Jones has DEFINITELY had work done. She had her teeth done years ago and she had an eye job about 5 years ago. There were pictures of her in the tabloids coming out of the surgeon's with bandages/sunglasses the whole bit. Then the before and after pictures cam out and she definitely had the eye area done.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Bob Woods has had more than just a browlift. He had his lower face and neck done, around the same time Erika Slezak was looking refreshed (she attributed her rested appearance to a vacation in Ireland, but I think medical intervention was involved). This is only speculation but the QuickLift or "weekend lift" was all over the news around the time Ricci and Woodsy (whose face looked a lot like what Josh Taylor's face looks like now) were looking tucked and taut. I wouldn't be surprised if they had this procedure since they weren't off the canvas for a long period of time (of course taping schedules can be adjusted). Can't you just imagine Linda Dano chatting it up with them in the dressing room telling them how they should go for the surgery, how they'd look and feel 10 years younger??

Linda looked GREAT when she first had her face done. I don't think her work has lasted her as long as she'd have liked it to, then of course she's had a very rough past couple of years. But those last few years on AW and when she first joined OLTL, wow, she has never looked better. Remember, a facelift can only turn back the clock. It can't stop it. And you may notice a similar quality to the few years post surgery faces of ladies who've had facelifts... Linda, Susan Flannery, Constance Towers, even the late Beverlee McKinsey, the mid face remains smooth as a rather unusual looking jowling starts to develop. The neck is practically impossible to "perfect". As Robin Strasser commented on her neck work, the results don't last as long as wished.

Robin has mentioned on her hotline and in her blog that she's also had her breasts and lower eyes done, plus fillers, freezers, and plumpers with varying degrees of success. She's often quipped that she's the last daytime diva who hasn't had a full facelift. She's had some bad luck with medical procedures, so she's understandably precautious.

Susan Lucci has had some of the best results from cosmetic surgery of any human being, let alone daytime actor. Not until the last couple of years did she ever start to look "done" but I attribute that to freezers and fillers which imho make people look more unnatural than actual surgery in many cases (e.g., Jackie Zeman's inflated cheeks). Hindsight is 20/20, I didn't know much about cosmetic surgery back in my teens, but I do remember how stunning Susan Lucci looked in 1994. A few years ago, I put the pieces together. I remember when Frances Heflin died, Susan was off the show for a noticeable few weeks of mourning, Erica was "away on business." Erica didn't return until the show was ready to tell the story of Mona's death. On her first day back, she discovered Mona had passed away in her sleep at Linden. Susan was looking more gorgeous than ever, still a little swollen, as she'd apparently had her face and nose done during her time off. Compare and contrast if you wish:

before - http://youtube.com/watch?v=OPvQiIq85Ck

after - http://youtube.com/watch?v=sV2frQ-5Ahw

Someone mentioned her neck upthread, and that's been an "issue" for her for years. I think it's mostly genetic. I DO however remember Erica sporting a red suit with frog closures trimmed with black persian lamb for a number of episodes in the early '90s. She wore the same suit in black on Oprah's AMC 25th anniversary special (this particular suit was very popular at the time, Victoria Wyndham also wore the black version when Rachel and Carl went to NY on AW). At ANY rate, the suit has a high neck and my family was joking at how fresh her neck was looking when that suit finally came off. :P But lighting has also been her best friend, the ol' pink bulb/paper lantern. :D Her scenes in the jail the other week? She was downright HOT, and no this isn't p.c., but that is just something odd to be saying about a woman in her sixties.

Ruth Warrick and Julia Barr have also had facelifts, Ruth had a couple actually.

I think Brenda Dickson had her face done relatively young during her second stint on Y&R in the '80s. When she first came back she was looking kinda rough.

I've wondered if some of the guys have had facial implants. Ron Moss, Jacob Young, Marcus Patrick, some of their features are almost vulgar, they're so pronounced. I think Marcus Patrick had a nose job, he's sporting that Michele Lee/Joan Van Ark cookie cutter nose of yesteryear.

• Members

rangethatrover, it's funny that you mentioned ES's nostrils. I always thought that she must have had a nose job at some point in her career. I think her nose looked a lot "piggier" (G-d forgive me) when she was younger based on pics I've seen.

Robin Strasser is a perfect example of a flawless lower eye job. Her doctor sucked those fat pads out, and voila. She was quite stunning in the early '90s, beautiful face and that inimitable mound of curly auburn hair. I realized a while ago that that probably wasn't all hers unless she lost a LOT of hair in a short amount of time. She wears a lot of pieces in her hair nowadays (and I think she should go for a softer red).

I think lip collagen is almost always a bad idea. Lips look terrible when it's worn off. And worst of all, too much will destroy cubid's bows. I don't think people fully realize just how awful trout mouth looks.

Lord, what is that girl's name from Passions with the lips and the cheeks...

• Members

I would definitely agree, many actors and actresses in their 20s and 30s do little things for prevention.

Peter Reckell: good unsensitive skin, good bones, thick skin...he might just be lucky.

Beth Chamberlin: chemical peels! lasers! Botox! Sunscreen! And she looks fantastic.

Marie Masters: a great facelift with great eyework.

Julia Barr: facelift and eyework.

Kim Ulrich: lasers, Thermage and Botox.

Leigh Taylor Young: a 'so so' facelift and Botox.

Ted Shackleford: he's simply thin and has always had a thin face.

Patrika Darbo looks good because she kept her skin out of the sun and because she's overweight which plumps out each and every line, her face is full of volume. Plus she's always smiling and seems very happy, that takes years off anyone!

I am not a fan of the Thread Lift. I don't perform it and I don't recommend it. I find that the results are not reliable, consistent or that long lasting. I find Thermage does a better job with slack skin and is a lot more consistent in results. Josh Taylor and RSW may have done Thread Lifts...with the kind of results that I just don't like. Men have to be SO careful about surgery...Michael Douglas was mentioned and he's had a TON of work done and he never really looks any different, there's only so much that can be done on the skin of someone who has lived an excessive lifestyle.

SFK the clips you picked nail Susan Lucci's surgical time line perfectly. She recovered quickly and has looked sensational ever since. The procedure that took Lucci from looking great to looking a little bit 'done' was her eye job that she had done a few years ago, she always had quite wide eyes that were beautiful and the blepharoplasty (eyelid work) she had done was just a bit tight, still looks great, but it changed the shape of her eyes a bit.

Linda Dano did look awesome after her facelift. I honestly believe that it was the HORRIBLE loss of her husband and mother in 2004 and her ensuing battle with depression that took a toll on her looks. In the last year or so she's been looking a lot better...with all she's been through I feel she's a beautiful person inside and out.

I bet you're right about Marcus Patrick, he does have the Joan Van Ark/Tina Louise/Jill St John nose of the '60s...but somehow, it suits him. And funny enough about Ron Moss, he looks very 'done' on B&B but when he's been on other shows he looks really natural and like a man who has aged well. He might do Botox and fillers. He's a man who had a thin face and stayed thin so lucky him.

Finally, go to Gettyimages.com and enter Lauren Koslow's name. There is one picture of her from this year's Daytime Emmy...the woman is 55...I'm willing to bet she's never had facial implants done. A bit of Restylane and Botox can go a long way. She looks HOT.

• Members

Indeed, Koslow looks great! She looks like a softer Raquel Welch.

That QuickLift I mentioned does actually involve cutting, a modified S-lift, I guess like a Lifestyle Lift. But I hear you, that thread lift sounds like disappointment waiting to happen. It's like stuffing triple D boobs into an itty bitty push up bra, all that excess has got to go somewhere at some point! Catherine Deneuve purportedly had an early French version of the thread lift with gold sutures.

What's the best non-invasive laser/peel for large pores/acne scars? It scares me when people get burned so deeply it looks like hamburger meat. Especially if you are a person of color, that's not even an option.

• Members

That's the perfect description of Lauren Koslow, a softer Raquel Welch, exactly right.

I'm not familiar with the QuickLift (I don't do surgery) but the S-lift I know lots about and it's a good procedure for someone who has mid to lower facial aging. Jeanne Cooper had one done 6 months ago and it made a big difference, no jowling at 80. The fact that it can be done under local anesthetic is probably why she went with it.

I just hate the Thread Lift so much, your comparison to stuffing a DDD chest into a tiny push up bra illustrates the problem with it, it just doesn't work as well as cutting and it doesn't last long, if at all, like a facelift does.

Catherine Deneuve, ahh what a woman. C'est magnifique. Whatever she did, I've heard the gold suture rumor too, it was well done. I've also heard that Sherrell Aston in New York gave her a helping hand...so who knows. She did it the right way.

• Members

Like you mentioned if you are of ethnic skin (or even tan Caucasian skin) some peels and almost all lasers are not acceptable treatments. They pose too many pigmentation risks. Naomi Campbell had a laser treatment done a few years ago that burned her skin. She never should have had it in the first place!

I think light to medium peels can do a lot of good and are easier to control and tailor to the individual patient. A lot of people don't need harsh peels. Catherine Hickland, for example, would probably see a great deal of benefit from 2 or 3 light Glycolic peels rather than 1 deep Phenol peel which really burns and is quite uncomfortable and rather risky.

One 'laser' that is 'gentle' is Intense Pulsed Light. Usually, a series of 4-6 are necessary and the results can be really good. Smooth skin, way less redness, minimal reduction in fine lines, tighter skin. I think they're great. They're not actually a laser because they utilize a wide spectrum of light. Lasers use 1 type of light (green is used in the Gemini as an example).

All that being said, nothing beats the advice of a face to face sit down with a reputable, certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon.

*Edit: I forgot to mention that Retin A (which is a prescription cream), if you can tolerate it (personally I cannot), is the gold standard in treating a myriad of skin ailments like sun damage, acne and rough texture. It possesses two major drawbacks, it is irritating (as in VERY when you first use it) and makes skin more prone to UV damage so sunbathing is out of the question and a sunscreen is a necessity (although it should be anyway).

• Members

BEST THREAD EVER!!

To the poster above regarding RSW's browlift, ect being around the same time as Erika's...

You are exactly right!!!

I was thinking when I was writing aboyt Erika's and Bob's "work" that they did it at about the same time- 1999/2000.

It was hilarious because it was during the JFP era of OLTL when both were paired with younger actors!!

It was during the Erika Slezak/Mark Derwin Viki/Ben pairing and that godawful Bo and Melanie pairing.

You could just feel Erika and RSW feeling the heat from the younger hotties they were paired with! And Ty Treadway probably made RSW feel seriously over the hill considering he played Melanie's ex husband!!!

• Members

Retin A can have terrible reactions. I used it as a teen for acne scarring, and it just made me irritated and uncomfortable. After a day at the beach, despite the fact that I was wearing sun screen, my face felt like it was exploding. A terrible experience.

• Members

I use Retin-A and have used Retin-A Micro. Yes, they can be quite irritating, especially if you use too much or continue to use other harsh acne creams/pads/scrubs. Anything remotely irritating is out of the question. But if you can tolerate it, the results can't be beat. You will literaly see (not for the squeamish) the blackheads coming out of their plugged little caves. And Retin-A's not nearly as irritating or scary as Accutane.

• Members

I'd be curious to know what sunscreen you used. A lot of sunscreens in North America are really poorly formulated and allow for a lot of UVA damage. Frankly, when you're on Retin A one's days of lounging on the beach are over.

Jess Walton strikes me as one who has enjoyed the benefits of Retin A. She doesn't look like she'd have sensitive skin so I'm sure she would tolerate it well. She has enviably smooth skin for nearly 60, especially as she's a (former?) smoker.

• Members

I hated Retin A. It always made me irritated and uncomfortable too. The sun thing never botherd me becaus eim such a night person. and i am glad i never went to the beach in the daytime when using it.

I atcually one day pickedup some things called berts balm or something like that. in this little tube. used it and it was so much better.

As for plastic sugery - i would do it.

if Tracey E bregman or Renee Jones ahve had it they picked an amazing person/people to use.

Archived