Soap Star Plastic Sugery

• Members

A lot of soap stars have said in the press that they use La Mer. I would really like to believe that it's the miracle it claims to be, especially the concentrate which retails for $325 per 1.07 ounces. La Mer would probably be a nice cream for the day to ease the after affects of the work that Retin-A does all night. DaytimeFan, how would you compare La Mer to Cellex-C (which Joan Collins has used as well as Retin-A)?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

When a soap star says their use of La Mer is why they look so fantastic I smile. La Mer = La Botox. Don't kid yourself it's an overpriced moisturizer that is made of VERY basic ingredients. It's 'fine' as far as products go but why spend $325 per ounce when you can get a vat of Cetaphil for $10 that will do basically the same thing.

As far as a day cream for Retin A one that I like is actually a sunscreen, any of the La Roche Posay Anthelios sunscreens is quite moisturizing and gentle with excellent UVA and UVB protection.

I use Cellex C, I can't use Retin A (way too irritating). Joan Collins uses both Cellex C and Retin A and has done so for many years and take a look at her skin, sensational. There is NO competition between Cellex C and La Mer, Cellex C has science behind it, La Mer is all marketing.

Anyone agree with me that John McCook has had something done? Fillers...the man hasn't really aged!

• Members

But-but, La Mer was created from all natural miracle ingredients from the sea (la mer), kelp and stuff, and it healed its scientist creator's third degree burns... right?? :D

I've heard that the serum is the product with the real benefits, while the cream is ultra rich. At any rate, I'd only use the stuff if it was a gift. I'm heavy handed with product, I'd never pay that much for something I'd prob waste.

• Members

African American skin ages exceptionally well. The deep pigmented skin of African American people is a natural high SPF. Simply put, African American's are far less susceptible to sun damage than Caucasians and because sun damage is the leading cause of skin aging and problems it is clear they African Americans should and do age exceptionally well.

The only thing Tonya Lee William might do is a filler, although she's always had a rounder face so I doubt it.

• Members

I hate to bring this up...and maybe it was just my TV...but did Mary Beth Evans face look a bit different this week?I am clueless about all this stuff- but she just looked different in the lower face and I thought her lips looked as though she might have had something done.

I'm curious if anyone ele noticed or I was seeing things.

She's so pretty...why do these women have to go and mess with the way nature made them?

:D Well, actually I understand the urge to improve...but its a risk to mess with such drastic measures sometimes.

• Members

My bet on Kassie DePaiva has a lot to do with the fact that she's from the South. Southern women keep their faces out of the sun, it's trashy to be tan, so she's avoided a lot of cumulative sun damage over her lifetime which definitely has aided her looks.

Aside from diligent sunscreen use it would seem that her skin is too sensitive for Retin A. She appears to do conservative Botox. She's a thin woman with a thin face and good bone structure, essentially: one lucky lady.

Archived