Soap Star Plastic Sugery

• Members

Love this thread.

I get botox done around my eyes and on my forehead. And I also use Retin A. And yes I can totally move my forehead but I cannot contract the muscles to make that frown face.

I am all about keeping what I have looking as good as I can. I am 33.

I would never consider ANY facial surgery. I am a guy and I find guys take on a very feminine and harsh look especially when they get their eyes done. Look at Lance Bass after he got his nose done. Just ridiculous.

And as far as Erika Slezak- She had a facelift during one of her summer vacations in 99, maybe 2000. Everyone was talking about it. It was during the Mark Derwin era. It was good work. Not alarming, but very noticable.

And then RSW had that browlift around 99/2000. That was bizarre. It has obviously settled.

The difference between Tracey Bregman in the 80's and now is amazing. She has had TONS of work done and I am surprised that people don't see the huge difference in her looks. Go to Youtube. And I think she looks AMAZING now. Stunning.

She had teeth work done, possibly even gum work. She obviously had her eyes done and I am thinking she had a facelift as well. She is lucky that she always had that full face and full cheeks- that has kept her looking young as well. People assume wrinkles age you when it is really loss of facial volume that does. She has not had that problem.

Another actress who looks outstanding for her age in my opinion is Andrea Evans. She is 50 and looks in her early 40's. Probably botox and fillers. I don't think she has anything else done.

And I love how Melody Thomas Scott looks. She definitley looks more natural due to her not being a size 0 and having slight wrinkles. But I still think she is hot. And she looks her age. But looks damn good with having very little done. Great skin.

I think the chick who plays Gloria on Y&R looks WAY to plastic. I don't agree with her skin looking aged- She just has that forehead lift and too much Botox unnatural smoothness. And one of her eyes is much larger than the other. Too plastic for my taste.

Hunter Tylo would be fine (yes plastic, but no different from alot of actresses) if it weren't for those damn lips. She has become a caricature.

Another actress who looks natural and great- Hilary B Smith. This woman looks as good, if not better, than she did in 1993. Great genetics and very little work, if any.

My best friend is a plastic surgeon. lollll (And does my Botox).

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

^ Well done, some Retin A and a little Botox goes a long way, at 33 you're starting at a point where it will be interesting to see how you look at 63, you're in for a treat.

Who is RSW? I'm sure I should know, especially if an 'off' browlift was involved...

Yeah Tracey Bregman has had a LOT of work done but lucky for her it looks great. You're right, she's been blessed with a full face that has yet to betray her. She's bound to age well, with or without surgery. She seems determined to look as good as humanly possible for the rest of her life.

Jennifer Bassey is another actress who looks GREAT for her age. She admits freely to Botox and fillers but has said she won't do a facelift...'dahling' she looks amazing. She obviously stayed the hell out of the sun, thought nice thoughts, said her prayers and got herself a good dermatologist!

• Members

Of course, Robert S Woods, what kind of fool am I? No surprise his brow lift didn't look good, male skin is thicker than female skin and tends to drape poorly (take a look at Sly Stallone or Mickey Rourke, BAD male facelifts)...men also typically have a lot of sun damage which makes their skin texture very uneven and their skin depleted in collagen. Plastic surgery just doesn't look that good on men, period. You give a plastic surgeon a man and a woman with the same skin and the woman will almost always look better, simply because female skin drapes easily.

And I must say detroitpiston I really enjoy this thread too! Dermatology is what I'm all about so it's fun for me to dissect daytime's finest.

• Members

LOVE LOVE LOVE talking about this stuff. LOLLL

Brow lifts on men are supposed to help with wrinkles in the forehead and make someone's eyes open- but I think the overall result is feminine.

Eye work is the biggest mistake for men in my opinion. One of the only good cases I have seen is actually Jerry Douglas. He had his eye lift 2 decades ago. Check out his looks on Youtube in clips from 82-83- by the late 80's his eyes looked dramatically different.

Let's see, who else....

I think Colleen Zenk Pinter looks awesome.

Of course, Susan Lucci has had excellent work done- and ALOT of it. Youtube is great to see the huge differences. She had a nose job, facelift- she must have had eye work too....

Daytime fan I totally agree with what you said about Catherine Hickland- She looks a little rough. She would look stunning with just a few things done.

I totally do not watch Days, but I used to occasionally. I am trying to hunt down current pictures of the actors mentioned!! Especially Hogestyn and Peggy McKay- whom someone called irrecognizable.

And as far as Jacklyn Zeman- She has had stuff done for YEARS. Another one who Youtube tells the tale on. From nose to eyes to face. Its her cheek/lip area that looks so unnatural.

As far as Erika Slezak- I wish she would do something about her nostrils. This sounds mean. I am sorry. But as she has aged her nostrils have taken on a pig snoutish kind of look. I LOVE THE WOMAN but its just something I have noticed.

I never knew about Katherine Kelly Lange's browlift. I have watched B&B off and on.....

And Daytime Fan- despite her denials (such a liar) I think the best case of excellent cosmetic surgery is Michelle Pfeiffer. The most stunning woman on the planet in my opinion.

• Members

Catherine Hickland looks godd, she shoudn`t do anything more.

Erika Slezak looks normal and that is very unusal in soaps these days, look at Lauren Koslow and Hunter Tylo.

Suzanne Rogers has probaly had much work, plus has she she got the best hair in the world, or is it a little wig?

Joan Van Ark look horrible.

Anne Jeffreys (Ex Amanda, GH), looks great but has done very much!.....

Angelina Jolie, isnt`t a soap actress but is it only me who thinks she looks awful and those irritating lips!.....

• Members

I have to say Andrew, I don't see how you can trash Lauren Koslow. She looks stunning for 55. She's HOT.

Hunter Tylo is a whole other story, that's just sad.

Suzanne Rogers is one who has probably had a facelift (and no her hair isn't a wig) but I seriously doubt she's done Botox due to her myasthenia gravis which is a muscular disorder...Botox interacts with the muscle system so I think Suzanne wouldn't want to mess with it. Fillers, absolutely.

Catherine Hickland is a funny one. It isn't that she looks bad...but she looks rough. She has a LOT of sun damage, I've rarely seen so many sun spots and moles on a woman her age. She must have really baked herself as a teen. She should get herself checked every 6 months for skin cancer. A good chemical peel or IPL treatment would undo a lot of the damage on her face. But she'd have to be committed to limiting her sun exposure!

And to answer about Michelle Pfeiffer: she's had LOTS and she looks GREAT and she can deny it till she's blue in the face but it's evident that she's overhauled herself over the years and that's FINE, but she really should have more of a sense of humor or mystery about it all. She's not fooling anyone.

I should also add that browlifts and eye work are two very different procedures that produce very different results, especially in men. RSW, he of the odd browlift, undoubtedly looked more feminized, men simply don't have graceful eyebrows, if they're lucky they're straight and high up so that as they drop with age they don't get hooding.

What Jerry Douglas had done was lower and upper lid work. In this procedure the plastic surgeon removes excess skin between the lash line and the orbital bone (eye socket). This procedure is usually well done in both women and men and produces beautifully natural results. It's the sort of procedure that's used to remove bags and slack skin, NOT lift the brows.

• Members

I think a lot of younger actresses(and actors)are having'preventative'work done in their 30's or even late 20's to stop the wrinkles,lines from developing in the first place.

Would Daytime Fan agree?

Some other performers I don't think have been mentioned yet,that you might like to comment on

Peter Reckell-he is now in is 50's and looking pretty good.

Beth Chamberlin

Marie Masters

Julia Barr

Kim Ulrich

Leigh Taylor Young

Ted Shackleford

• Members

Have you noticed Lauren Koslows chins, they are creapy, they get bigger every year, she would look really good without all of the plastic surgeries. Lauren and Renee Jones have the same chins have you ever thought about that.

Actually it is good that actors like Kathy Brier, Erika Slezak and Susan Flannery are on soaps, they look like normal women.

Patrika Darbo also looks really good!.....

• Members

Kim Johnston Ulrich has probaly had surgery.

Peter Reckell and Kristian Alfonso look rather good, they have aged normal, K.A. has aged more, but then again she is a heavy smoker i have heard.

Has anyone mentioned Elizabeth Hubbard she must have had surgey done!.....

• Members

Take a look at this beautiful lady Meg Johnson (Pearl Ladderbanks), from Emmerdale, she looks great, she has not done Plastic Surgery and she still looks great, plus she is born in 1927 (81 Years old this year). She looks absolutely great for her age, and she looks good like a normal woman!.....

http://www.emmerdale.org/emmerdale/Picture...ntown/pearl.jpg

• Members

Have you ever thought about adjusting what you consider to be normal? I've never once thought that Renee Jones has had cosmetic surgery. She's just young looking for her age. A lot of people are you know. And I don't think Daytime Fan, has said anything to the contrary...

And I agree, Lauren Koslow's hot! I remember reading an interview with her, and she put her youngness down to being married to a wonderful make-up artist who can cover a multitude of sins. As for her chin, I don't see what's creepy or changed about it.

I'm surprised no ones mentioned Ronn Moss. He definitely looks as if he's had something done at one time or another.

• Members

And let us not forget the special award for the fakest boobies in the history of daytime. In the history of television actually-

I have not watched the show in years but I do know her name was Celeste on Days Of Our Lives.

They were shaped like basketballs and hard as rocks.

• Members

You do´t even have to look at her kids,just take a look at her brother and father,they have the lips.I saw a picture of her mother and she´s a stunner.No wonder Angie is so gorgeous,skinny,yes,too skinny I think,but tose lips and cheekbones are all geneticall.Brad Pitt is another story though.I think he´s had works done.

If we are talking A-listers with massive work,just look at the Douglas clan:Kirk,Michael,the ex.wife,the mother,the current wife(Catherine Zeta-Jones) is gorgeous,I´m not sure about her) Michaels son suddenly looked trimme and fixed in the tabloids,hmmm.But Michael Douglas is a fantastic actor,and so is Zeta-Jones.

Archived