Y&R: Fire Maria Arena Bell and Josh Griffith!!!

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'll say this.

I think it goes back to what the late, legendary Richard Pryor once said......

"Nowadays, folks are scared to take and ass-whupping."

Meaning that TPTB, I think, are so arrogant or reluctant to admit that they may have made a mistake in getting rid of many of the people who should still be with these particualr shows. We, asfans, tell them who we would like to have back. Not necessarily because they maybe our favorites, but because the last time the show was in top form, or was at least watchable......these people were working there. EPs, HWs and such.

Until that changes, I don't see anything happening, I'm afraid.

• Members

DeeeDee, he could always decide he likes Gloria instead of Jill. *sigh* I'll never get my hopes up for Jill until I see the material on my screen over a long period of time. Jill fans have been screwed over for years now.

• Members

No. lol

But just watch.

Hogan LOVES the Bitches.

QUOTE (Chris B @ May 21 2008, 03:54 PM)
DeeeDee, he could always decide he likes Gloria instead of Jill.

Oh No.

Gloria = Susan.

QUOTE (Chris B @ May 21 2008, 03:54 PM)
Jill fans have been screwed over for years now.

Amen.

• Members

Amen, sister!

Is Y&R really worse now than it was under LML? I SO don't think so. Boring maybe, but at least not stupefyingly dumb. I was just name some of the so-called great stories this woman brought us: Pronbrosia; Reliquary, killing the Abbotts and so on.

LML managed to achieve sth. I never imagined: driving me off from Y&R for good for more than six months. If it weren't for MAB I probably would still not be watching the show again...

The just need real storylines with arcs. The on-screen product these days must undergo heavy tinkering before it hits the airwaves because the episodes are in sync again. It's either MAB herself or someone uncredited because the dialogue and scenes have more unified and Y&R-like feel for the first time in 1 1/2 years...

@ Cat: I think Deedee is hoping that Jill could become Sheffer's new Barbara Ryan. She could but overall I'm not optimistic about his addition.

• Members

I know. I'm nervous about it, too. I just want my Jill Foster Chancellor Abbott back. Somebody on another thread suggested her mentoring Chloe in all things Fosterific. I think I could go for that... as a start.

• Members

DeeeDee I sure hope your right! He DID do it with Barbara and Kate...I sure hope he does it with Jill! We Jill fans have taken a monstrous beating over the last 8 years or so...

I hope Hogan is the first step in ousting MAB and JG. I don't know how Hogan will do. He was a flop at DAYS and was overrated at ATWT...but maybe this is a step in the right direction. Dear God I hope so!

• Members

Didn't Hogan get rid of Lexie on Days & didn't write for the black characters? This would be good that he'll backburn the remaining blacks & Y&R go rather down. Whichever Bell runs B&B probably want B&B to be #1.

I'm loving Marcus(B&B) he's hot. Not to sure about his acting.

Archived