Y&R: Fire Maria Arena Bell and Josh Griffith!!!

• Members

It's been five months...they've had their time...they have failed. In fact, they failed worse than their predecessor, LML, something which I never thought could happen did.

It is time to fire Maria Arena Bell and Josh Griffith. Two creative elements that are decimating Y&R. They are out of their depth, out of touch with the audience and out of touch with the show.

Who is with me!?

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am!

These two AMTERURS need to find another profession. Griffith can go back to script writing for another soap, and Bell can go back to wherever the hell she came from. Neither of them have the skills necessary to carry out their jobs. It's time to find a responsible Head Writer and Executive Producer for this show. The show hasn't had one since the middle part of Smith's tenure.

This is a [!@#$%^&*] soap opera, things are suppose to happen. Griffith and Bell produce the same damn episode each f-u-c-k-i-n-g day of the week. Talk about lame.

With ratings tanking at daytime's flagship soap, you'd think something substantial would be done behind the scenes. I'm optimistic, I really don't see these two last long though.

Y&R is exactly like what happened to AMC last year. They got rid of McTavish and had a good two weeks with B&E and then everything came crashing down again.

• Members

I say they officially started, post-strike mode, in episodes that aired in April.

So, I give them 6 months (Marland's rule), and then evaluate. That means around October 17 or October 22, I will be turning a jaundiced eye.

But this week IS terrible. Not a single driving, high-energy plot to be found.

• Members

I say give Natalie Minardi Slater a chance to head write, and maybe they could have what Ron C. has done at OLTL a long time staff writer who knows the show and its audience. As for executive producer either promote from within with a long time producer or bring back a former EP.

• Members

I'll give Josh Griffith a chance to fire Mrs. Bell and find another writer but if he doesn't he needs to be kicked off too.

You would think Maria would at least call her mother in law and get some ideas.

• Members

The only way I see them improving if they fire some of these talentless actors & actress. Then if the new impove actors & actress can't deliver the storylines. It's yime to cut the writer staff down. But add writers that can bring them in the 21st century. They just need some better ideas.

• Members

I wasn't aware that Y&R took place in the stone age...

I think part of the show's current problems are the fact that it tries to be too modern and doesn't adhere to classical soap opera elements. Y&R used to be the most soapy-est soap on the air, not anymore. I'm not saying a little touch of contemporary ideas should be prohibited, but the show has gone overboard trying to reinvent itself, when it shouldn't have.

• Members

If Maria Arena Bell and Josh Griffith aren't fired soon there won't be a need for a 'next generation'...Y&R needs to get back to what made it great: over the top melodrama, the soapiest of soap storylines, back to basics, character driven, vet intensive stories that have consequences and make sense. Y&R didn't need reinventing, what it needs is a creative team with vision and balls, something which the current team lacks entirely.

• Members

I agree. The ratings are dropping at a dramatic rate each week, the quality isn't there and daytime no longer has time to give people a year to do their job right. At the amount they're paid, they need to get it right from day one, IMO. I tried waiting with LML and after a year it just got worse. I say fire them now, move on. If the replacement sucks, fire them even sooner.

Archived