Y&R: Fire Maria Arena Bell and Josh Griffith!!!

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Actually, I think getting rid of Lexie wasn't Hogan's decision. He's stated he was told what characters he was allowed to write more for than others. He brought on Abe's nephew, Jet, but then couldnt use him in stories with Abe because of James Reynolds' heart attack (it was a heart attack, right? I know he was ill for a while but I cant remember the details). He also brought in a black love interest or something for Jet, although I think it turned out that she was a part of whatever imaginary FBI that DAYS has and was working with Jet to prove that Jeremy was up to something...Touch the Sky wasnt exactly memorable for the right reasons, despite Hogan's best efforts.

• Members

I don't understand what you mean by "a settle way"...but yeah Renee did have some great scenes when Hogan was there. The only reason she was axed was because Corday couldn't manage his effing budget and someone on contract 'had to go'...Hogan also wrote really good stuff for Lexie's mom, Celeste and was appearing to go in the direction of an Abe/Celeste pairing...but Corday axed that too.

• Members

Even when RJ came back HS didnt write for her. he also didnt write for Abe... but then again thats ever HW on days since the 00's aside from the babyswitch. it wasnt a black thing.

Hogan was good at ATWT but horrid at Days. Maybe he will be good at Y&R, because at this time id settle for good. lol. I acrually think he could fit in at YR well. I like the char talks and the slow pace. Hopefully he doesnt find the need to debitch anyone and turn them into a whinny heroine like he did with Sami.

• Members

What did I say about LML just needing a co-headwriter to steady her? How many of you said that things couldn't get worse than? Things just got worse. Welcome to hell. All the vets to the backburner, Lily and Amber will be the new stars of Y&R. This is horrible. I just hope that he doesn't become the sole headwriter.

• Members

Doubtful. I think Touch The Sky and the Sorority storyline were due to Corday and the budget. I think you can expect Hogan's Y&R to be more like his stint on ATWT than DAYS...he seems more suited to the CBS soaps.

• Members

If anything, he'll add some short-term excitement to the show. On a long-term basis, I'm not so sure. But like I wrote in the Pratt/AMC thread, I think a lot of writers try to tailor their style to a particular show. Hopefully he's being brought on board to up the ante, as it were, and not to reinvent it.

Archived