Y&R: Fire Maria Arena Bell and Josh Griffith!!!

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was sour on MAB at first too, so much so I quit :D But I am back now and see that with the right people around her she truly gets this show. I guess we should have been more patient. Y&R is back :) Back to what it was like under the Bells. Eat your heart out Lynn Marie Latham! :)

• Members

And THAT is the lesson I feel we all should take from this...with any show, any regime.

Give it six months. I know that seems like an eternity...but it really isn't that long. If the show isn't good/better after six months, then I'd say we should shout from the rooftops.

I almost wish I could change this thread title, as I am afraid someone will think we're unhappy with the show now :-).

• Members

You have to wonder how much of the show was really MAB in the earlier parts of the year. I mean, things didn't start gelling until it was alleged publically that Josh Griffith was rewriting her stuff and stopping her material from going on the air. Since Griffith was fired and replaced with Rauch, everything on the show has been on fire. From the better storytelling to the fierce production values.

• Members

MarkH called me down to the floor with the thread "Fire Maria Arena Bell and Josh Griffith" that I started in May.

I was never so wrong as to want MAB fired. She's brilliant, she's amazing, she's a goddess. I LOVE her.

Josh Griffith though, I called that one right on the money though, not only did I want him fired but it turns out MAB did as well.

So here I am, eating my words with a great big spoon of humiliation ;) and I am happy to eat those words. I was wrong about MAB, I totally admit it! I'm thrilled I can be THIS wrong because Y&R is THAT good.

• Members

Actually, I didn't want to 'call you down to the floor". I thought the old thread was funny, given where we have come. (You may recall, I duplicated the thread for Brad Bell at B&B).

ALL of us were commenting about the problems with the show.

It does seem that the problems prior to August related to (a) Griffith, and (B) Maria not having a "catalyst", or as she calls him, a "cowboy" on her writing team.

Archived