Y&R: Fire Maria Arena Bell and Josh Griffith!!!

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The problem is the pairings.

Lily - Cane = blah

Colleen - Daniel = blah

supercouple Heather - Adam, ruined by his NOT CARING that she is sick and overworked = blah

Nikki, after being manhandled and kicked in the teeth by Victor, down in Mexico pining over him = blah

Lily, showing no emotion as she counsels Ana on the lie of her maternity = blah

Cane as CEO = blah

The only things that interest me are Jack-Gloria plotting against Jill, with a Brad tie in (high interest, for me); Phyllis and Nick doing some dirt to Jack and Sharon (moderate interest, for me); Amber and Daniel still in each other's orbit (high interest, for me); Kevin and Jana in anything together (high interest, for me)...and that is about it.

I like the idea of Victor's revenge...but that seems to be happening quickly and off canvas, and seems to be leading to a more reheated story for Victor and Nikki...and that is not good.

• Members

IA with all of this (but Adam's reaction to Heather's sickness I haven't seen, but definitely don't like it). Heather and Adam, judging from what I've seen on this forum, are a popular couple. I love them together. :wub: I have no problem with the writers giving Adam a 'tude, but Heather should be the one person he's vulnerable with. They shouldn't [!@#$%^&*] with that.

Lane and Dollen - can't stand 'em. Nikki shouldn't be pining over Victor just yet - the last thing he said to her was that she should be in the morgue instead of Sabrina! Victor's revenge story should be something we see onscreen.

Lily as played by CK is useless.

• Members

Correct, and good point.

But if his girlfriend is in hospital with serious anemia...shouldn't he be there with her?

And if just learned his daddy died, shouldn't he be teary...not taking over?

I don't know...I wanted them to make this guy likeable, but I know that is not in the cards. He is Victor Newman Jr., dammit!

• Members

If Janice Ferri Esser's return to Y&R is a sign they're hiring old Bell proteges again, then I'm all for it.

I think Maria and Hogan need more people who understand classic Y&R and the old Bell structure. That's why it's imperative that someone like David Shaughnessy comes back as EP, to oversee their material (not rewrite it!) and guide them in the right direction. However, if someone decides that Bell and Sheffer need to go and they're replaced by one or two Bell proteges, then I'd feel comfortable with that too.

• Members

Where is the old structure right now? I certainly don't see it. :huh:

It offers a sense of familiarity with Y&R viewers, it would have the "feel" viewers were accustomed to for so many years, even if the overall writing was bad. The show has been a little too hokey over the past two years.

Viewers don't like sudden change, it has to be gradual. However, all we've been getting is sudden changes over the past two years.

Archived