Dynasty Discussion Thread

• Members

Later, when Sable comes to Denver, it is mentioned that Frankie and Jason wound up together.  However, perhaps due to their earlier neglect of Jeff in his childhood, he never tries to call them or even mention them again.  I mean in a choice between perennial bachelor Cecile and family-man Jason, why would Frankie have left little Jeff in his Uncle's care?

BTW, a few weeks back I reposted a TikTok of S1 Jeff when he taught Fallon how to smoke a doobie at Blake's party.  That's a version of Jeff that we never saw again.

Edited by j swift

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

More than once i mentioned that I Thought Lana Turner would've done a nice Alexis, Now I realize Why LOL, I Think they could've use this picture for Flashbacks then like Falcon Crest, It sure would've been better than 50ish Joan or 60ish John doing Flashbacks LOL, i think i'll try to watch the whole thing again there's been quite some time since i last saw it, And If people might try to rebuff my idea by saying 60ish Lana Couldn't pull Alexis Sexual Behavior i can only say i would've been glad of it! (A Woman in her 40's/50's that only could use sex as a Weapon? Please one should've be able to have more resources than that)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I was just looking at a promo of the "story" where Fallon and  Adam were attracted to each other before they  found out they were siblings. Did that ever go anywhere? Was that motivation for him poisoning Jeff?

Sometimes  I wonder if they ever thought of pairing them when they suddenly claimed Adam was not actually a Carrington. He and Fallon had not been especially close as siblings in those 4-5 years (they didn't even interact for at least  3 of them), so it might not have  been that shocking for viewers. 

• Members

No, it didn't go anywhere. I think they eventually used it on The Colby's though as an excuse for Fallon's breakdown (it was in part because she was attracted to her brother!).

And the "Adam's not a real Carrington" story was more of a family fodder story more than anything. They wanted more stories that focused on the love and family conquers all or some bs due to the popularity of family sitcoms and they thought the whole "you're not our son but we accept you anyway" was a heart-warming angle despite being utterly stupid. Also, Fallon was still on The Colby's at that point, so no that wasn't ever the plan. They retconned it back to Adam being a Carrington in season 8 when Fallon was on the show again.

• Members

That's a pretty decent interview, except the interviewer is such a bumbling simpleton.  John James talks about shooting the Dynasty pilot with George Peppard, and the poor interviewer says, "Wow.  I didn't know that."  I guess he didn't even bother to read the Wikipedia page on Dynasty prior to the interview.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

1998 Linda Evans interview. (the second half is questions about her career and personal life) The most interesting part is when she's asked about Dallas originally being called a Linda Evans project and her insistence none of this is true (complete with the always classic, "just because it's on the Internet doesn't mean it's true").