Melrose Place

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

REBOOT PITCH #1: Instead of Alison having her roommate moving out on her, this reboot will have Alison murdering her roommate and having to lie to everyone in the apartment building about it. Amanda features in every scene by insulting Alison's ability to hide a murderer and then you have Billy in the corner mouthing "Alithun".

• Members

Yes! I'm excited! I don't care what re-writes they have to do to resurrect Amanda, Sydney, Matt, hell even Kimberly. I can easily pretend the 2009-10 reboot never existed, as I'm guessing this new show will completely ignore.  Though admittedly in a perfect world, this would've happened about 10 years ago when everyone was a little younger. Still, I'm glad!!! 

• Members

I almost peed myself last night (on my birthday no less) when I saw this last night. My fave show of all-time. I am here for anything that brings back my Sydney (deaths be damned) and Amanda. I have some hope that with Leighton and Zuniga as producers that this show would stay more true to the original. Unlike the CW reboot where the showrunners admitted that they never watched one episode of the original. This reboot would do well to completely ignore CW's. 

I wonder which original character will have died for the first episode. Didn't Thomas Calabro distance himself from all things Melrose after the reboot (understandably so)? If he won't be a part of it, maybe it's Michael's death at the beginning. I could see Josie Bissett and Lisa Rinna coming aboard for eps. Hopefully, Grant Show makes appearances. 

I do hope the show features some sons and daughters of the originals to help phase in a new generation. As much as I love the original cast, it won't pull in new viewers if it's just the older generation. 

GOD I wish Ella could show! I loved Katie Cassidy in the reboot. The best part. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

It's a funny thing, because 20somethings living in an apartment complex starting their careers is sexy, but 60somethings doing the same thing is called Assisted Living and seems far less appealing.

I mean, I am certain that they're all well-preserved, but it will take a lot of exposition to explain why they're still tied to a rental they lived in three decades ago.

Edited by j swift

• Members

I think there's drama in people in their 60s or older who are in a community - you could probably make a riveting show based off all the drama that happens in The Villages - but I'm not sure how many of these characters will wear well so many years later. Most of them didn't even manage to last for the length of the original run.